Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
14-in garter snake.jpg
:find: First of the year :tongue3:

Hit a few sites over the weekend, some new, some I've been to but not the section I was hunting.

Friday I was in southeast Pennsylvania at a 250-year-old farm that the township preserved as a dog park. It was my first time here with the AT Pro, the last time I was here, my buddy's sister found a large cent and her husband found an (empty) etui box. The highlight of the day was a pair of spoons, one near the house and one in the huge field. My 11-year-old brother found a semi-modern lead ingot stamped "LMC" that is presumably for homemade fishing weights or shotgun slugs. Haven't cleaned out that bag yet (nothing really notable anyway) so the only pic from that excursion is the in situ of the button cover:

modern button cover 2.jpgmodern button cover.jpg

Saturday I roamed around my local elementary school, which sits on old fairgrounds from the early 1900s. Last summer I found a really old button here, but this year I'd only found a green recycling can, which I took to work to use for electronics scrap. Found some other odds and ends, nothing crazy, I think one of them turned out to be a button shaft but sadly, no button attached. After that I went to another site I'd been to before, a 300-year-old Mennonite meetinghouse that has a public park and walking trail next to it. I've done the playing field before, so this time I explored an extension of the woods. I found a really messed up car, a new creekside bottle dump, and ruins of an unknown structure surrounded by glass debris.

First, the car:
car 1.jpgcar 2.jpgcar 4.jpgcar 5.jpg

Next, the ruins and glass I found:
unknown ruins.jpgvintage pepsi.jpg

Then, as I ventured back to the meetinghouse grounds, I ran into these:
old lawnmower.jpgold tractor pull.jpgold trailer.jpg

Today, I started out doing some wooded areas around my apartment complex. (I do usually celebrate Easter, but my family goes to OCNJ for it, and since my wife was working today I didn't want to make the drive myself.) I found $1.25, which was expected; a 1976 Matchbox cement mixer, which was sort of expected, and a deer, which was not expected. It started to drizzle, so I dropped food off to my wife at work and went back to the glass dump I've been posting about these past 2 weeks. Boy, am I glad I did, too. Keep in mind that none of these next items were found with a MD.

The 1976 Matchbox car:
1976 Matchbox cement mixer.jpg

This is really cool, albeit falling apart:
Hatfield CoC plate.jpg
It says "Chamber of Commerce, Hatfield - - - Penna. Notice to Solicitors: We, as members of the Hatfield Chamber of Commerce, have entered into a mutual agreement not to subscribe any funds that have failed to merit the (illegible) of the Chamber of Commerce." The date plate says "Membership for 1934".

Then I got these: a 1944 wheat, a Standard good luck token (31mm brass), a pocketwatch case, another Japanese ceramic doll, and an old lightbulb with odd innards:
1944 wheat.jpgpocketwatch case.jpgtoken.jpgvintage jpn cer baby.jpgold lightbulb.jpg

Found more bottles, too, of course. Three beer bottles (Scheidt, Esslinger, and Excelsior), 2 cobalt MoM bottles, and one unknown cobalt bottle for Scotk9 amongst about 10-20 of the usual glass we get out of that hole. I also found a small rusted claw trap that's soaking in ACV right now with the horseshoes.

Upvote 2
Now Im really bummed that I had to help my neighbor move. Great Stuff!! Maybe 1 night this week we can revisit.

Now Im really bummed that I had to help my neighbor move. Great Stuff!! Maybe 1 night this week we can revisit.

Well, I found the snake near YOUR house, and I didn't see any more for the rest of the weekend. So luck's in your favor there, Indiana :blackbeard:

My entire weekend was forced due to boredom. Don't feel bummed, at least you had something to do.

Cool stuff! That lightbulb looks like a 1920's vacuum tube. I'd guess a UX201A triode or some variant, for a very old radio.

We got out today and found a new trash area, probably 1970s-1980s, there were TONS of Coke & Pepsi bottles, and 7-Up, and Mountain Dew... Scotk9 even found a 1960s Marx Penn Central electric steam train coal tender. I found some more old intact china (Blue Heaven Underglaze by Royal China Sebring). Aside from the eBay value of those Mountain Dew bottles, and the possibility of Coke bottle value, we didn't see the area as a target-rich environment. However, 2 of the Pepsi bottles found still had the painted-on labels, so I took those home :D

Scotk9 has an old sifter made from chicken wire and 2x6s that we're going to use at our TOC dump site creekside and sift the dirt for coinage. We'll probably get to that later in the week. One of us will be posting finds, I'm sure. Until then, HH! :metaldetector:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back