What's new

Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

Chuck-N-Detroit

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
52
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Location
Warren, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Equinox and Deus
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

Hello,

I am having a problem with my coil floating on my Excalibur and since I bought the unit used I am wondering if a land coil was installed. I am not sure but I think it might be lighter. My coil is 1 pound and it is the Slimline / Torpedo design.

Thanks,
Chuck
 
Upvote 0
Re: Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

Are you still getting out in the water this time of year. You may have to zip tie a bag of sand above your coil on the shaft.....Matt
 
Re: Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

Can you post a photo of the coil?
 
Re: Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

I have owned 3 Excal 1000's (still own 2) and currently own 2 Sovereign GT's, all 5 have been used in the water and none of the coils float...........
 
Re: Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

I have been using an Excalibur II for about a year. It has a 10 inch coil and I use it often for shallow water hunting and have never noticed a buoyancy problem. In fact I don't recall every hearing anyone complain about a floating coil issue with the Excalibur so you may indeed be correct that the coil on your machine is not the stock version from Minelab.
 
Re: Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

As I told you Chuck, you may indeed have a land coil on the Excal. You know I have the Excal 1000 and the coil does not float.
 
Re: Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

Mine doesnt float either, and having bought a Surf Dual Field, I know when a coil is buoyant...
 
Re: Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

mine floats but only because i siliconed the coil cover so it is water tight :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

No floater here
 
Re: Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

I have owned several Excaliburs including the Excalibur ll and none have a coil with a torpedo design. That is why I asked if you could post a photo of the coil. It is probably an add on.
 
Re: Weight of Excalibur 10" coil?

Les West Central Fl said:
I have owned several Excaliburs including the Excalibur ll and none have a coil with a torpedo design. That is why I asked if you could post a photo of the coil. It is probably an add on.

I'm pretty sure he meant Tornado.
 
Image of Excalibur 10" coil

Les West Central Fl said:
I have owned several Excaliburs including the Excalibur ll and none have a coil with a torpedo design. That is why I asked if you could post a photo of the coil. It is probably an add on.

Please see image. Can someone weight an original 10" coil for me?

Thanks,
Chuck
 

Attachments

  • excal coil.webp
    excal coil.webp
    123.2 KB · Views: 202

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom