Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last few days I have not been receiving notifications of subscribed topics.
Strange, but didn't think much of it.

Today they came back with a vengeance, but they look different. When I click the link for the topic, it leads back to some "sendgrid.net" and my AV software warns it is impersonating this web site.
i took a chance and ignored the warning and it went to this sendgrid.net place then redirected here. So I am now a bit leary clicking tn links, anyone know whats going on ?

1st pic shows the warning message.
Don't know if you can make it out but 2nd pic I am hovering my mouse over the TN link, at the very bottom is shows the gibberish containing 100's of characters that the TN link leads to.

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 85
  • tn2.jpg
    tn2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll Give admin a Heads-up.
But a Google result of SendGrid®
suggests it is probably not an issue to worry about.

SendGrid.com - SendGrid® Official Site‎ Adwww.sendgrid.com/Transactional_Email‎ Email Delivery Simplified. Access API's & real time Analytics 12k Free Emails A Month · Free Sign-up · 5-min Integration · 24/7 Customer Service Services: Transactional Email, Email Templates, SMTP Email, List Management, Powe

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, just weird this happened out of the blue, never had this warning or redirection before, and I don't have anything to do with sendgrid, unless maybe its a comcast issue since that is my mail server.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If that had happened to me, I'd probably be scared :censored:less!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, just weird this happened out of the blue, never had this warning or redirection before, and I don't have anything to do with sendgrid, unless maybe its a comcast issue since that is my mail server.

I have comcast too.

I got the SendGrid page for a 10th. of a Second. on my first email.

then it directed me to the proper post.

I cannot get it to repeat.
Perhaps it was just because it was New.

in any event. I left a Note for Administration to look in here.

Do you still get it ?
or have you been avoiding trying ?

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe Soros has seen my right wing posts here and is tracking me down !

Oh yeah, still happening. I am now just coming to the forum and tracking replies manually until this is resolved.

1st pic shows a notification email from just a couple minutes ago, if I hover my mouse over any link it leads to the redirection service and if I click I get the popup warning.
2nd one is from a couple months ago, all links lead straight to here - And also the "from" is different.

Attachments

• Untitled - 3.jpg
    Untitled - 3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Untitled - 4.jpg
    Untitled - 4.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, since the whole Idea of the internet comes from Planet HD 189733b.
it is all Alien to me.

But for what it is worth. I clicked on a Few links on my Emails.
Then checked my Cookies.

It didn't leave an Alien Cookie in my Computer.

only cookies google and tnet.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am running a malware scan, haven't done that in a while I'll post back if anything comes of it

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll run my MalwareBytes now that you mention it. :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Thunderbird Email (Firefox's brother) and have been getting warnings that Thunderbird thinks this might be a scam.... I ignored them. The Emails are coming from "[email protected]", which is different then "TreasureNet - The Original Treasure Hunting Website" which was the addy before the "not getting subscriptions" problem. I think that was admins fix, maybe a temp fix.
I ran a few malware/virus programs and came out clean!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
everything is clean here also.

no warnings here. just the fraction of a second between switch over hint that SendGrid is being used

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Eh, you guys worry too much. :laughing7: Just click on links until things start smelling bad and your PC creates melted puddles on the floor! :tongue1:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Thunderbird Email (Firefox's brother) and have been getting warnings that Thunderbird thinks this might be a scam.... I ignored them. The Emails are coming from "[email protected]", which is different then "TreasureNet - The Original Treasure Hunting Website" which was the addy before the "not getting subscriptions" problem. I think that was admins fix, maybe a temp fix.
I ran a few malware/virus programs and came out clean!

This is just what I got this morning!

But I only got one notification and I know there are responses to other threads I am subscribed to.

Oh well, I am confident the "All powerful Oz" behind the curtain will give this worked out! :laughing7:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually didn't notice the emails broke, but I did notice last night they are all messed up!

My subscribed thread emails used to be nicely formatted and come from TreasureNet

Screenshot_20161129-225730~2.png

Starting yesterday... I suppose when they "fixed" the issue, they started coming from a different address and show up just as "webmaster". In addition, the body of the emails are not formatted well and hard to read.

Screenshot_20161129-225715~2.png

It would be nice if we could get the nice formatting back how it was before it broke. Those emails are much easier to follow.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This all leads me to ask...Who is the Webmaster here at TNet?!?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Malwarebytes nailed a boogie from this site yesterday. Didn't think much of it since it was caught.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Xraywolf... those warning messages you're getting are not an issue on your end, but are due to the content of the email changes that were made a couple days ago. I posted two images of the change in the sender of our subscribed emails in this thread on the first page last night.

Now I had a chance to actually look into it more and here is the deal. (I'm a web developer so this is a little technical)

Before Thanksgiving - working

The looked like this in our inbox.
Screenshot_20161129-225730-2.png

They were sent from a mailgun.org (3rd party email service), through a mailgun.org server.
before.png

The body of the emails sent through mailgun.org contained links that went directly back to the treasurenet post.
linkbefore.png

Today - crappy

They now come from a webmaster address from a tnet server.
Screenshot_20161129-225715-2.png

Whatever change the site admin here made, they disabled the mailgun.org service that was being used and now all the subscription emails are being sent from a treasurenet.com email server.
after.png

And now the links, back to the tnet post, in the email body contain a redirect through some ct.sendgrid.net site. That is some analytic email service. This is why Xraywolf is getting security warnings because all of the links in the email bodies now, do not go to treasurenet.com, but are routed through this analytic service before being redirected to the post we are subscribed to.
linkafter.png

Jeff, can you ask the admins to read this post? With the info I provided, they should be able to fix this for us.... by either putting it back the way it was a few days ago, OR fixing the subscription email links to not be routed through sendgrid, and adding a better sender name to the treasurenet email server so they dont just show up as "webmaster".

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My malware scan was clean so that was my main concern, but yeah the new formatting leaves something to be desired, very jumbled

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread