What's new

✅ SOLVED weird pointy thing

mmocha2905

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
185
Reaction score
569
Golden Thread
0
Location
massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What was it
 

Attachments

  • 1545235526701.webp
    1545235526701.webp
    148.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 1545235575473.webp
    1545235575473.webp
    179.3 KB · Views: 94
Looks like the safety retention bolts for a Sulry Hitch on the Bill and Ted trailers that secures the actual hitch to the axle nuts.
https://surlybikes.com/parts/cargo/surly_hitch

Only thing is that the one you found is bigger; however I would guess along the same concept, an additional security measure of something that is attached to another part.

I own both Bill and Ted trailers, and such bolts are often lost on expeditions. You can check every few hours to ensure they are fine, but then some bolt fairy comes along and takes one. LOL

Just my thoughts.
 
Upvote 0
Does look like a needle valve, but I'll have to go with a retainer/positioning screw.
 
Upvote 0
Carburetor mixture screw.
 
Upvote 0
If there is a ridge or grove on the end (for a spring) I might change up and go with needle valve.
 
Upvote 0
Personally, I like the '09 I.H. the best. :thumbsup:
Unfortunately, I can be of no assistance with the weird pointy thing.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Needle valve from internal combustion engine. The carburetor needle valve for air/fuel mixture.
 
Upvote 0
Needle valve for something!
 
Upvote 0
Welcome also from MI Tommy
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom