What's new

weirdest coin markings

Hermes Mambi

Greenie
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
what are the weirdest coin markings you have seen? I am starting to see simple shapes like triangles, squares, etc.
 
Upvote 0
the most elaborate marking i've found, was a hole punched into kennedy's head (but not punched/drilled completely through) and on the reverse there was the letter "c" stamped into the eagle's chest.
 
I get lots of halves that the CRHer marks the front of every coin with the month and day he/she checked them (I'm guessing). I get some with initials or name written on them. Then of course all the various lines/dots that are common.
 
I found a half with four holes drilled into it, roughly at 2, 4, 8 & 10 o'clock. Pennyworth sent me a half that had 12 flattened sides and a hole.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom