Well at least its my oldest wheaty.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least it's my oldest wheaty.

I ve been in quite a dry spell... it's been about 2 months since my last old coin (IH penny, unknown date). I found out recently there was a house near a well hunted old canal that was used as a trash pit for rail workers in the late 1870's. I have found 2 1932 CA license plates, and some other cool things from the early 1900's, but no coins there. The house used to sit about 20-30 yards south of the canal, so I looked for some old glass, dishes, bottles, etc.. to at least narrow it down a bit. I was using the X-Terra 505 with the 10.5" DD MF coil. I found some old bottle pieces in the field near a tree and decided to start there. Another super iron-trashy site, and I was thinking maybe I should have used the smaller coil. I dug 2 beavertails, a couple minutes later I got the solid high tone of copper. About 4-5" down I found the 1913. Some preliminary research says it may be worth about $14.75, even in poor condition. Also found an old shotshell, form early 1900's and 2 cut nails. The 10.5" DD 7.5 khz coil seemed surprisingly good in this super trashy site and the copper tone was easily noticeable over all the iron tones. I really like this coil, nothing I have found (worthwhile) that my other coils missed yet, but I still have a few of my old spots to go back over. Still impressed by my 505! HH, Scott

Attachments

• wheaty 1913.jpg
    wheaty 1913.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 80
  • shotshell 1901.jpg
    shotshell 1901.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 78

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds