Well Be Warm Come Winter

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
We'll Be Warm Come Winter

With the help of the old beater pickup, a couple of come-a-longs, and some nylon (i think) rope, Ralph took down 14 trees is the yard this weekend. ( and no utility lines were sacraficed)..... Mostly maples, a couple oaks and one pine. I don't even want to know what home heating oil is gonna price at ??? :-\
I helped tremendously by staying out of the way :P ::) ;)
Now all we gotta do is split, move and stack it :(
Gonna rent a chipper for the brush pile.

Attachments

• down.JPG
    down.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 261
Re: We'll Be Warm Come Winter

Attachments

• going.JPG
    going.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 259

They say cord wood warms you more than once, gets pretty warm cutting, splitting, stacking, then burning. That's allot of work girl, grab your detector and run :D.

Just be very careful Ashleen!
Did something happen to the trees that you are taking so many at once or you just need them moved?
Nice pics...but stay out of the way!

cool pics Ashleen...looks like entirely tooooo much work! ;)

Cool pics, but you just reminded me of another chore I have to do. >:( My only heat source is a wood stove, and I'm completely out of firewood.

When I lived in Missouri, I use to cut my own, then I started buying the wood, but then I got cheap.

I found I could find where the road crews were cutting trees to keep the power lines clear, they would cut the wood in to short lengths and stack them on the road side to be picked up. I drove along and picked them up to burn in my wood stove.

Precut and free. ;D

gypsyheart said:
Did something happen to the trees that you are taking so many at once or you just need them moved?

Well,
after the flood in 2006, we had to re-work and expand our leach field. In the process alot of roots were cut. Then came the flood this year and compromised them even further. The maples were overhanging my deck, and the leaves + stuff falling in the hot tub was kinda annoying.....but...the freaking catapillar poop pushed me over the edge!!! We had a couple of weeks last month when there was cata-poop everywhere >:( :( ::) :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back