Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I didn't think it could be done...but today I obliterated my personal best

record of finding 4 French turret back Revolutionary War buttons in one day, (which I just set on Friday the 13th of this month), by digging 6 more French cuff buttons today! That makes an astounding 13 French buttons that have been found at this site in a little over 2 weeks! So far I have found a coat 64, 4 cuff 13's, 1 cuff 17, and a very rare cuff 10. Also found was another 1773 Halfpenny, a broken sling buckle, a few other broken colonial brass buckles, a brass part of a flintlock rifle, musketballs and a few later pistol bullets, and a 2 inch iron grapeshot. Of particular interest is an ornate object that appears to made out of pewter that kind of resembles a skeleton key and has traces of its original red paint. This item is in the closeup picture of the buttons at the bottom. Does anyone know what this is? I will carefully toothpick the buttons and post an update to this post sometime tomorrow or Monday. What an unforgettable day!!! HH Devonrex

Upvote 0
Re: Well I didn't think it could be done...but today I obliterated my personal best

picture of all finds........

Attachments

• IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 700
Re: Well I didn't think it could be done...but today I obliterated my personal best

close up of French cuff turret back buttons and unknown item

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 684

That's a fine hunt...lot's of great relics right there!!

Man are you on a roll John! That's unbelieveable that you've been able to dig all those French buttons in such a short span of time. I guess you're in an untouched camp which probably means you're not yet finished with the Rev War recoveries. Keep hitting that site hard.

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: What a kick-ass site you have!! I would love to see a group shot of all your finds from there once cleaned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back