What's new

Well I got it...

S.S.Tupperware

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
799
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out and picked up the excellerator II coil. Man the 18" sure dwarfs the stock 9.5... I hooked it up before I bought it, and the VDI #'s are right on with my stock coil. I does add a lil more weight, but since I can cover so much more ground it will be an OK trade off for me. I didn't have any falsing issues using the program I normally run with an AC of 75 and a PG of 3. This was in the back yard, so we'll see what the beach has to offer.
MD011.jpg


MD013.jpg


I was holding out for a 12x15 but KellyCO doesn't have any... think they could update their site to say outta stock. I am gonna sneak off to the beach as soon as I drop the wifey off at the airport... :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
S.S. T - That's a big boy there, do you need a police escort to use that. LOL?
 
Hey, I like it, and the price is right..{100 cheaper then a Wot, and alot cheaper then the BigFoot}..It will do what you want..more coverage........I think it excellent for the dry sand, and maybe the wet.........I would call that coil, the fresh drops coil, you won't miss many that were dropped that day......................let us know...........

My buddy was right..looks like a steering wheel..............Good Luck................ Joe
 
Yeah more coverage is the plan... I played with it in the side lot for a few, but there is so much trash, it was sounding off every where. I will be happy if I get 8 in out of it in the sand... since it really is for fresh drops anyway. The sand up high sure doesn't build up as fast as the sand closer to the water. It has come up 3-4 feet in the last few months, but the fluff hasn't really changed. I guess with the size, I could just hold it alongside while I pedal the beach cruiser down the lane. :headbang:
 
S.S.Tupperware said:
I was holding out for a 12x15 but KellyCO doesn't have any... think they could update their site to say outta stock. I am gonna sneak off to the beach as soon as I drop the wifey off at the airport... :thumbsup:

I picked up the 12x15 SEF Butterfly for my Excal on Saturday, it was the last one they had in stock for the Sovereign/Excal, they had 4 more but they were sold and being shipped.
 
My arm and shoulder hurts just looking at that big coil. Good luck with it. I've found my 12 inch White's works pretty well on the beach but I just HATE those folks that bury their beer and soda cans after they've finished drinking them. Get ready to dig some deep holes with that coil.

JRich
 
JRich98150 said:
My arm and shoulder hurts just looking at that big coil. Good luck with it. I've found my 12 inch White's works pretty well on the beach but I just HATE those folks that bury their beer and soda cans after they've finished drinking them. Get ready to dig some deep holes with that coil.

JRich

You will never even notice the weight if you use a harness and bungee.......... :icon_thumright:
 
Might need the harness set up, but we'll see... gonna give it a go in a couple of hours. I will turn the sensitivity down if I start digging anything over a foot. I figure if I don't like it I can always sell it...
 
:thumbsup:
looks great! let us know how it works out! looks like you can hunt 2 zip codes at the same time! good luck, urdaboss
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom