Well I ordered my Ace 250 it will be on its way tommorow!!!

CSOhio

Apr 13, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Well i ordered my Ace 250 from Tony who posts on this board. I figured why not seemed like a good guy. Emails back all my questions.

Price $212.45 Shipped. He included the free stuff Garrett throws in and a set of Headphones, Sabre Digger, Treasure Pouch and some other goodies.

I could of bought this here in ohio from a dealer who orders direct from Garrett for 199.99 but he didnt include anything for free. I had to pay extra to get the diggers and all that stuff so the total would of been 230 or something. So i figured ill just try out Tony.

I hope all goes well and i hope to have it by this weekend. I ordered two of them one for me and one for my brother who wanted to get into this hobby but never had an excuse to tell the wife but now that im doing it he does lol :) Cant wait.

I hope to be out on sunday trying it out and learning.

Till then happy hunting.

my next step to buy would be a stealth coil i think, or do i need the bigger coil?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
oh my! Are you going to be able to sleep before it gets there?? Best do all you can to sleep now while you still have a chance....the treasure hunting bug will catch you even worse once you have your detector!! :D

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Tony is a great guy to deal with! He sold me a Sunray Probe and beat the lowest price I found them for....Good choice of supplier! ;D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
tony will treat you right! you are going to love that ace too! ;) its a great machine!

Hoosier Kingfisher

Feb 26, 2007
Central Indiana
Congrats. The 250 must be an excellent starter detector... ;D By the way, I was under the impression that the manufacturers set the bottom price and that $212.45 was the bottom on the 250. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. ???

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will love the ace, I just took mine over to the park yesterday for 15min and got 38 cents which isn't bad considering the park is only a year old and is only one play set a little bigger than the wood ones you have your back yard. Also that was my 3rd time hunting it, so I was surpised to pull anything out. Just goes to show no matter how many times you go over something you always miss something.
Best of luck

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Dealers can advertise a lower price if they're offering a rebate but the rebate is on them. BTW Txgirl I bought two 250s from Tony and your in good hands excellent dealer to work with and from what I've read from his posts a pretty good T-hunter himself.

P.S. when your 250 arrives watch the video and then go right out and plant a coin and relic garden. The sounds of this machine with earphones are very distinct and practicing with buried coins will give you an Idea of what to listen for.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Don't know what you will have for headphones but it never hurts to get a top of the line pair. It is your MOST IMPORTANT accessory.

Paul in TN

Mar 26, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
white's M6
If your talking about Tony in CT at TC detectors you did well. I ordered my Prizm IV from him no problems and he is very helpful.
Paul

OP
OP
C

CSOhio

Apr 13, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Well thanks guys and gals for all the reassurance of my order through tony from CT. I sure hope everything goes well. I did order 2 of them. And i hope to use the ACE for a year maybe 2 and then maybe upgrade. I would like to get a nice maybe even used Water Detector for next year on my vacations to Florida. But that is a later date.

Im thinking of gettin my soon to be wife a detector she doesnt want anything to expensive and i dont want to get her anything to cheap. She might not like it but she might fall in love with it. Im thinking a bounty hunter or something for her.

They should of been shipped out today so im very excited. So is my brother.

Also the guy in ohio said he sells them for 199.99 but he didnt give anything with them in the package for FREE like Garrett offers. He then was gonna charge me for a digger, coil cover which i know costs, and a pouch and whatever else so i decided to give Tony a try since this site he supports and the members seem to like him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread