Well magnet

Never used it in a well... but I purchased this 250lb pull magnet from Harbor Freight Tools,
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=36905

I then completely coated it into the rubber tool handle coating that you can find at Home Depot or Lowes.

I primarily used mine to drag around a 1,000ft pier in the salt water, but the outcome should be about the same.
Just make sure your rope is tied tight!!!

Bran <><

Only iron or steel items can be extracted...not silver or other precious metals

True, there will only be ferrous metals attracted to the magnet, but lots of great relics are made of iron.
With patience, you will be very surprised by what you find.
Great luck and good hunting! skypilot02

godisnum1 said:
Never used it in a well... but I purchased this 250lb pull magnet from Harbor Freight Tools,
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=36905

I then completely coated it into the rubber tool handle coating that you can find at Home Depot or Lowes.

I primarily used mine to drag around a 1,000ft pier in the salt water, but the outcome should be about the same.
Just make sure your rope is tied tight!!!

Bran <><
I've got three of them on a piece of angle iron. Just replaced the eye bolts with some bolts & lockwashers. Drill a hole in each end of the angle iron, add a piece of chain for a harness.
Suggestion - get some dollar store tupperware containers that fit over the magnets. When they get loaded up with black sand, just pop off the bottoms. The black sand dumps real easy.

Second hint: What ever you do! Don't lean the cotton pickin thing up against your vehicle ;D ;D ::)

lol, good advice! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

Search of military relics at the help of a magnet.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back