What's new

Well, no sequel to The Departed

spartacus53

Banned
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
10,624
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the FBI was working early this morning, with the arrest of James "Whitey" Bulger. His name may not ring a bell with many, but he has been a hunted man for over 15 years.. The movie The Departed was based partially on his criminal exploits.

Here was a man who was playing both sides of the law for years and making money from both sides too.. At 81 maybe now he'll have time to write his autobiography, before the big sleep. :laughing7:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...rested-in_n_882728.html?ncid=webmail1#s296735
 
So! When's the book comin out! :dontknow:
 
The books were so much better :laughing7: He played the Italian mob, as well as the FBI, made millions.. I think at one time he also held up in NY, probably through some Westies connections.

I have 3 books on him. The Brothers Bulger.. Brutal, by Kevin Weeks.. He ran with Whitey for years, and was his muscle. I can't find the third, but it was from an FBI agent.

Since he'll be spending his dying days behind bars, I hope to hear more about him though his own words.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom