Well traveled...

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
0621F.jpg 0621B.jpg

Those worn silver dimes ring in like wheat pennies, so it was a pleasant surprise to have silver pop out of the hole. This one's been around the block!

Today's finds...

Mercury Dime-Date worn off
1953 Wheatback penny

PBS

Upvote 6

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a good day when you find silver. Was that merc. dug in a road bed? I've dug a few that where pretty rough from road rash.

OP
OP
PlzBSeated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always a good day when you find silver. Was that merc. dug in a road bed? I've dug a few that where pretty rough from road rash.

Road bed, no. Possibly an old parking lot. Was working a park I've hit hard and was trying to think outside the box. There is a fence around the park and a strip of land outside the fence. The city uses the strip of land for dumping plowed snow in the winter. Wondered if the strip was originally part of the park. Found the dime and penny just on the other side of the fence. Was a lot of gravel in the ground in the area. So I wonder if the strip of land had served as a parking lot at one time and since has become overgrown with grass?

PBS

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I seem to find better finds in gravel driveways and parking areas. I'm thinking because it's difficult digging some people skip those areas when hunting. Worn or not it's still a merc. Nice find.

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better than no silver!! great find!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

Mine has been around the block with a snow plow, both sides are scraped off...but it 's silver dime!

OP
OP
PlzBSeated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I seem to find better finds in gravel driveways and parking areas. I'm thinking because it's difficult digging some people skip those areas when hunting. Worn or not it's still a merc. Nice find.

Agree. I don't skip the gravel areas because many people do. Worn out a couple of shovels though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions