What's new

Wells Fargo box o nickels

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wells Fargo box o' nickels

Even though I was going casino hunting today I hedged by getting a box of nickels at Wells. Good thing too. Skunked at the casino (about $100 in nickels, $100 in quarters and $400-$500 in halves) but the box netted me a [blue]1942-P[/blue] silvaaa ;D and 23 other pre-60s (1940-S the oldest). At least the day wasn't a total loss.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Wells Fargo box o' nickels

Yes, the nickels are a way to keep up your success rate as there are always some pre 60. I am looking forward to my first silver nickel - always a good job with the silva. Merc 63
 
Re: Wells Fargo box o' nickels

Glad you got a silva!!! Do you have much luck at casinos?
 
Re: Wells Fargo box o' nickels

TreasureFiend said:
Glad you got a silva!!! Do you have much luck at casinos?

CRH-ing or gambling? ;D

Over 1,600 40%ers since I started hunting halves in casinos in 2005. 99% of my 400+ war nickels are from slots, plus literally 100's & 100's of wheaties.
 
Re: Wells Fargo box o' nickels

I've had a few finds in the casinos as well! But you have an awesome total amount IMMY
 
Re: Wells Fargo box o' nickels

Now you got me curious seger. Here are my half dollar totals since I first started hunting (2/17/05) until today. As you can see, 40%ers account for 95% of my finds.

40% JFK - 1,602
90% JFK - 51
Bens - 18
Walker - 1 (1942)
Barber - 1 (1906-O)

Proofs - About 70 (trading causes this number to fluctuate)

NIFC (1987, 2002-date) - Dozens. Once I complete a roll I don't save that date anymore.

So since I started I'm averaging at least one silver half per day. Woo hoo!
 
Re: Wells Fargo box o' nickels

Nice work my friend!

Didn't realize those casinos were so productive!

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom