Went on an emergency hunt yesterday

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For Christmas we gave Leatherman Micra knives to my two nephews, ages 8 and 10. My sister called me yesterday to tell me that my 8 year old nephew Andrew lost his and was extremely upset. I asked where he lost it and when the answer was the pasture next to their house I thought "no way I'll find it." Well as Nana has testified the weather here was absolutely GEORGEOUS yesterday with the temps in the 70's so I rode out to their house. I got Andrew to show me where he was when he last saw it and then when he realized it was gone. Although he was surprisingly detailed his meanderings went over probably two acres of ankle deep dormant fescue and knee deep sage grass. But I decided to give it a try. I have a knife just like it and ran my coil over it to see how it would ID. It ID'd as iron so off I went following the paths that Andrew showed me. Well lo and behold after about 45 minutes I actually found it! It was nothing short of a miracle for it truly was a needle in the haystack scenario. Andrew was ecstatic and it made me feel good to find it for him.

Kent

Upvote 0

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work Kent hope the weather holds till you get to hunt again. Have a great year. Stan

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are the man...especially in the little man's eye's.I know for a fact the "rivalry" in a bro's mind,got four of them.You did good by keeping the peace amongst bro's.All is calm (for now)good job!!!!!HH....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL,
My Guess You Also Set off a Chain Reaction, And

He's Going to want a Detector for his Birthday ;)

Great Story !

Jeff

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clark .....Kent! :D

Our new hero!

Great story! I know you made him very happy!!!

;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions