Went out to Party Island

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have this spot I call Party Island that lies in the middle of a large lake and all the boaters and jet skiers go there to swim and party. The only access is by boat and I think I'm the only one who hunts it so I'm not open to discuss exact locations. Got out there late today and hunted about 2 hours and found 5 clad quarters, a game token and 11 pennies. Lots of pull tabs and bottle caps were found and discarded.
Maybe I'll try again next week. Last year, I pulled a $2,000 man's 3/4 ct diamond ring out of there.

Attachments

• Party Island coin finds.JPG
    Party Island coin finds.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 553
  • Diamond Ring.JPG
    Diamond Ring.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool spot and nice ring!! I lost my first wedding ring in a lake in South Carolina. My wife was next to me when I found out it was gone. It was not pretty but she survived.LOL

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a place in north texas on a big lake that we call party island also that me and my brother go to time to time. Unfortunately I have not done as well as you at our place, but I did find a nice large .925 crucifix last year. HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a new convert out to a site like that last spring and even loaned him one of my detectors. He found a large 14K gold mans wedding band. I found some clad pennies! I hate when that happens! ;D Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions