Went out yesterday to a school playground...

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Hello all...hope you're all having a fantastic Memorial day! Well, I didn't get a chance to go out to the old swimming beach I was talking about, let me explain....
I have a VERY bad back, have had 4 surgeries in the past 3 yrs. I screwed up my back at work and I'm still out on workers comp. and collecting SSD. I'm looking at a 5th surgery as one of the screws in my back is coming loose (I got a screw loose...haha!) and I'm only 42! Anyway, on Sat. I took a ride by the lake and it's all overgrown with weeds and all on the shore so it'll take a little work to get to it, but I WILL get to check it out sooner or later. I did go out to a small school playground but only stayed there for about 45 mins as my back was killing me! I only found like 1 quarter, 2 dimes,7 nickles and 8 pennies BUT I was happy because one of the pennies was a 1941 Wheat penny. I know, nothing special but it is to me because I've only had the detector for a week! The other coins were all clad but I did see a bunch of baby rabbits in the grass...they were cute! Only about as big as a chipmunk...

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nothing wrong with wheaties! sorry to hear about your back. maybe next time there will be some silver lurking next to that wheat! ;)

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Sorry About Your Back, I Have Been A Firefighter For 35 yrs And Have Been Very Lucky That I Have Not Screwed Mine Up. Best Of Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

OP
OP
MetalFury

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Hey my sister lives in Charleston too, in the West Ashley area. I've been down there a couple times and I love it! Next time I go down I'm bringing the detector as I'd love to find some Civil War stuff!!! :)

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheaties are good. With the number of screwcaps, bottle caps, and corroded zinc-clad pennies I find, I'd be pretty happy if I could find a wheat cent on my next trip out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions