What's new

Went to Freeport this weekend - Terrible flooding video added

dirtyJohn

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
643
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't have time to detect this weekend while I was in Freeport but I wish I did. There's alot of old buildings and Parks there. I went there with a buddy of mine to do some work for their school district.
We got there friday night with unbelieve lightning storms following us. I've never seen a thunderstorm last for 7-8 hours straight.
When we went to meet with the buildings and grounds guy from the school district Saturdau morning, they told us the power was out in all the schools so we had to stay an extra day.
The flooding was unbelievable and the neighboring town of Pearl City had no access to it from the flooding. There were houses half submerged in some spots.
Here's a video me and my buddy made driving thru a flooded road. He posted it to his youtube account. I'm the one filming. It was stupid to try this but we made it.
Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy the vid.
HH
John
 
That was some wicked water!

Glad to see you made it through OK without stalling like that small :Pblue car
 
That was some bad flooding on the road. Glad you didn't end up like the little car
 
Thanks for the replies. There was no chance of us winding up in the drink. I could tell by looking the small plastic blue car that the dodge Ram Charger is much taller and way heavier that it, plus it's a 4x4. It got a little sketchy there for a minute though. You know how guys can get without adult supervision "Time to get stupid!".
HH
John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom