What's new

Wet sand hunt

lookindown

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
7,110
Reaction score
4,937
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in 4 hour wet sand hunt on the East coast. Found an area that had coins and jewelry but no gold or silver. The ring got me for a second, until I saw the plating coming off. No heavy targets and some of the quarters were deep. Hitting the West coast tomorrow for a water hunt. IMG_0382.webpIMG_0383.webpIMG_0384.webpIMG_0385.webp
 
Upvote 0
ha, love the car.... found four this morning..... donated to my son of course!!! Nice finds!!
 
Looks like a fun hunt to me - Congratulations! :icon_thumleft:
 
Congratulations
thumbsup.gif
Good luck next spin
fall-leaves.gif
 
Nice finds maybe gold tomorrow good luck
 
It's really tough over here right now......:BangHead:
 
Interesting hunt, lookindown; some of the item in the upper right hand photo look to be silver ?

That skull jewelryis unique! Love those sparkling eyes!:laughing7:

Lorraine
 
Interesting hunt, lookindown; some of the item in the upper right hand photo look to be silver ?

That skull jewelryis unique! Love those sparkling eyes!:laughing7:

Lorraine
No silver.
 
pretty typical looking finds for over here minus the trash. got a gold colored ring myself last night that revealed itself as .925 after I got home.:BangHead: westcoast has to be better!!!!!
chuck.
 
pretty typical looking finds for over here minus the trash. got a gold colored ring myself last night that revealed itself as .925 after I got home.:BangHead: westcoast has to be better!!!!!
chuck.
There wasn't much trash, I had about 6 bottlecaps and 2 square tabs.
 
No gold or silver but you got trinkets and bling..... kept you going......next time!

Cliff
 
I stood in what was left of a trough today without moving (now little more then a runnel) and in very little time I was nearly to my shins in soft sand, and this was without much current at all. I scoped out three miles of beach today in search of one or two possibilities, would walk into hopeful areas with the big Stealth and take a few deep scoops.....nothing but heaps of clean fluffy sand....no shells, clay balls, black sand deposits, etc.,....just soft/fluffy clean sand everywhere I checked. Pretty much the same thing with the wet sand all the way to the upper beach. Sunglasses, pull tabs, etc., these items are lite-weight with pretty flat surface areas and they are still getting fairly deep in a hurry. With the throngs of people on the beach the heavier good stuff is certainly there but getting at it before it sinks out of range nearly requires that you grab it before it hits the floor unless you can locate some firmer bottom, and good luck with that. Say hello to another sandy summer on the central east coast.
 
Where I was it was all soft. People were standing and watching their feet sink out of sight. The place where I found the target concentration had orange sand with black sand peppered through it...it was different than the rest of the beach...everything I found was a fresh drop.
 
Got my butt kicked out there the drift was like trying to swing in a rip current. Went back at low tide and not a lot of change..... except the swells were coming in 2 at a time. You just couldnt keep a coil on the bottom and you best not look down. Hopefully it will be better for you tomorrow.

Dew
 
Where I was it was all soft. People were standing and watching their feet sink out of sight. The place where I found the target concentration had orange sand with black sand peppered through it...it was different than the rest of the beach...everything I found was a fresh drop.

And I do believe that is the key right now....gotta find those bottoms that might actually support some of those heavier goodies....but it's quite the tall order right now. I took a look at the monthly tide chart and saw an extended period of + 5/6's later this month and that should create some good currents that will open up some rips, holes, etc., on the lower beach but like Dew said....."It makes for some really tough water hunting." On the other hand these areas will start to fill right back in just as soon as the low cycle starts to return. Just no easy solution to the situation. :BangHead:
 
Like the skullies....
 
I wish conditions would have been better for you lookindown. At least you still got to go hunt, which is always good in my book.
 
You did better than I did today. Probably you will hit gold and silver on your next outing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom