What's new

What a day! Double digit buttons and double digit bullets plus a Jeff Davis Hatpin!!!

Devonrex

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
351
Reaction score
1,263
Golden Thread
4
Location
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Just got in so I just wanted to post up the picture! This is the same spot that yielded the gorgeous emerald green US Boxplate last week. Total button count for the day - eleven. Total bullet count for the day -13 plus a bunch of buck balls. Its been a long time since I've accomplished this feat. I know I have 3 state staff cuffs. One is a Michigan state seal and the other two are Massachusetts Volunteer Militia cuffs. The remainder are coat and cuff eagle general service. I also got my 3rd Jefferson Davis Hatpin for the year! One of the bullets is also a 2 ringer with a weird insert in its base. I've never seen one like it before. This is the first time I've been able to get out since that memorable Mothers Day. Also got a hunting knife and a bunch of modern coins that must have been lost by a kid. Probably his lunch money for the day. I've been taking care of my father but today I just had to get out for a while. The weather was perfect for a great day of relic hunting! I am certainly glad I went! Most of these signals were found in a 100 by 100 square ft area that had previously been covered with thick undergrowth. Over the past 10 years most of it has died off which is great news for me! I'll post an addendum later with my cleaned finds. My last 2 outings have been memorable ones that I certainly won't forget anytime soon. HH Devonrex
 

Attachments

  • 063.webp
    063.webp
    221.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 065.webp
    065.webp
    149.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 066.webp
    066.webp
    159.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 067.webp
    067.webp
    166.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 068.webp
    068.webp
    164.5 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 4
Nice hunt! Looking forward to seeing gilt on those buttons!!
 
Nice buttons, I would like to see them cleaned up.
It was warm out there today
 
Great job John. You always find some great relics. Love the hatpin.
 
That looks like a day you will always be able to recall. Congratulations on the nice saves and the new memory.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom