What's new

What a day of hiking and hunting. Five guys all got a little!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
4,693
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I got out with 'Batts, Mayo, Skates, & Mark today and got to see some good finds come up for sure!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We all started out at the same spot for an hour or so, but after a while they decided to move on to greener pastures. I stayed a bit and was rewarded with a sterling heart pendant with a birthstone and a girl's name inscribed on the back. :thumbsup:

Rosie dirt small.webp

On my way to where the group was, I found a spot that started giving up wheats, but heeded the call for silver from the group and trekked about 3/4 of a mile to where they were at. I picked up three buckles and a wheat that had been shot with a .22:

Heart small.webp

No silver there for me, so I hiked the 3/4 mile back to wheat city and was digging a teens wheat when the phone rang that an old farmstead had been found and Skates had dug a real cool coin! Well, off for a half mile hike back to that spot. While we were there, Mark got a surface goodie, :o, but no silver for me. Soooo, a half mile hike back to wheat city for me. Within ten minutes of arriving, I had a '20 Merc! :thumbsup:

Shot penny small.webp

Now it had been 7 1/2 hours of hunting and my shoulder was really sore. Everyone else had left, and as I was crawling :-X to the car, I got a good signal in an area that we had pounded before and dug a '45 George! :o How we missed him prior to that is way beyond me!

Rosie dirt small.webp

Somewhere in there earlier in the day, I also dug this lacey brooch thingy that is almost as dainty as i am. :)

Quarter & hole small.webp

So tonight I'm taking Ibuprophen for my sore shoulder after this all day hunt and chasing it with a little hard cider. It was a great day to be out there with four buddies and seeing them all get something good! :thumbsup:

lacey small.webp

Thanks for checking out my post and HH to you! :wink:
 

Attachments

  • Finds small.webp
    Finds small.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 222
Nice goodies Neil, No luck on finds walking back and forth from your Wheatiie spot?
I like those buckles.
 
nice silver! we've also found a couple wheats that have been shot like that one, gives them a little character. nice hunt!
 
Great finds, congrats! :icon_thumright:
 
Yeah, I can't believe you guys walked over the gobs of snakes out there and missed them. They were all over the place today! Hard not stepping on them in a lot of spots.

It was a cluster of about 8-10 snakes in big pile of sun-loving squirming that led us to the site!
 
good hunt. I love that old buckle! SNAKES!!! I don't go back to a place where I see snakes!
 
Whoa, that .22 made Abe look a bit like Elephant Man. ;D
Great silver scores and that pendant looks nice and old/er. :thumbsup:
I like that last display shot, good hunting Neil!

dainty... ::) yeah right :laughing7:
 
cntrydncr1 said:
good hunt. I love that old buckle! SNAKES!!! I don't go back to a place where I see snakes!

They're the cute little ones, easy to see and they don't bite!
 
That's not a hunt, its an adventure!

Congratualtions on all your finds and as always I like your pictures and narrative.
 
Sweet looking heart !!!!
 
First, I'm glad your shoulder feels better and you got the silver count up :thumbsup:

Second, I wish my knees felt as good as your shoulder :D

And lastly, an awesome hunt considering all the walking we had to do for the goodies. . . it was worth it :)
 
Hi Neil
Nice hunt, congratulations on the nice finds and getting a great workout in. That George and Pendant look great. Love that Silver!
 
Sweet selection of goodies Neil! :thumbsup:
 
Sounds like fun was had,treasures were unearthed and nature was out for the viewing....finish it off with a cold brew and you'll have had yourself a great day in my book....

Nice finds Neil :icon_thumleft:

Have fun out there Folks....

Soup
 
great hunting there neil!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom