What's new

What a GRINDER of a hunt!!!

fishstick

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Messages
3,341
Reaction score
12,238
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, Was doing a lil' detecting on a home site and lucked across this pestle!!!! A VERY welcomed found for sure. I don't get to hunt very much like I use to, farmers aren't turning ground nowadays. I ALWAYS knew this was a campsite, just looked right from the road. There was chips everywhere so hopefully the next hunt there will produce a point or blade!!!!! HH
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170222_143642561.webp
    IMG_20170222_143642561.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20170222_143653562.webp
    IMG_20170222_143653562.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20170222_143807059.webp
    IMG_20170222_143807059.webp
    842.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20170226_112204532_HDR.webp
    IMG_20170226_112204532_HDR.webp
    283 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20170226_112323371_HDR.webp
    IMG_20170226_112323371_HDR.webp
    185.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20170226_112334625_HDR.webp
    IMG_20170226_112334625_HDR.webp
    304.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20170226_112414092_HDR.webp
    IMG_20170226_112414092_HDR.webp
    303.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20170226_112454834_HDR.webp
    IMG_20170226_112454834_HDR.webp
    304.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20170226_112615904.webp
    IMG_20170226_112615904.webp
    659.3 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Awesome finds. That Pestle is really nice and the Buttons are pretty cool. I have a few of those old type Buttons from a Ft Ancient site I hunt that had white contact.
 
Congratulations that is a beauty! I love finding buttons MDing fields also.
 
I was pleasently surprised to say the least!!! I dug holes to keep my lines straight hoping to flip something out..
 
Very nice bell pestle and I love those eagle buttons. Try some aluminum jelly on them with a q0tip and that gilt will pop out. You are on a good site so good luck!
 
Great looking pestle! Love the hard stone the buttons are really cool too Congrats!
 
That style of pestle is still on my bucket list looks like a nice one to, congrats
 
That style of pestle is still on my bucket list looks like a nice one to, congrats

With the luck you've been having lately I'd say you'll be scratching that one OFF your list Rock!!!!!
 
With the luck you've been having lately I'd say you'll be scratching that one OFF your list Rock!!!!!

Closest thing I have to it is 1 hoof pestle. All the others are roundish rocks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom