What a load of crap

Oct 12, 2012
Hendersonville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After searching probably 20 banks, found box of halves. I was literally jumping for joy as this would be my first box if halves. Jumped in the car ran down to the bank. Bought the whole box plus another hundred and twenty loose rolls. With out thinking threw them in the car and began to race home. After going through the loose rolls i finally got to the box. After two rolls there I start to notice these little check marks on every roll. Wow!!!! I stumbled on to a great find, someone's else's dumped coins. I am so upset. Guess I will have to try and drop these back off there and change them out for some dimes. Hahaha what do you guys think about trying to order a whole box. Any chances they might have any value in them?

Upvote 0
Nope, no silver left out there.

If u dump those back at the same bank, chances are they wont give u anything.

You will usually have a greater chance of finding "keepers" by ordering a box of halves from a bank instead of buying a full box that they have on-hand. The majority of the time, a full box of halves is someone else's dumped box.

There could be some instances that someone dumped $400 of clad, and someone else's $100 of keepers.

In my first month of CRHing, I bought only CWR and a couple of dumped boxes. In one dumped box the majority was unsearched, and I found one 40%. My overall finds that month were minimal. The next month I started ordering boxes of halves, and I found 10x the amount of keepers. The key is volume - the more coins that you look through on a regular basis will increase your possibilities for getting good finds.

HH

Nope, no silver left out there.

If u dump those back at the same bank, chances are they wont give u anything.

X2 With a move like that all you are going to accomplish is getting yourself and any other collector cut off from that branch. 1st rule of CRH is not to dump where you search.

If it makes you feel any better, I picked up $1040 in halves from two banks on saturday that I hadn't ordered. One was a sealed box that someone never picked up. The other $540 was someone's rerolled dumps. I got one 40% from the sealed box and a skunk from the dump box. Dumping the rerolled skunks at a different bank was super easy since they were already rolled. There is a lot of luck and disappointment involved in this hobby, so prepare yourself for both.

Do most banks take halves that are rewrapped. Do you have to earn some trust or arrange it with the bank manager? All of my dumps have been put through coin machines, but i would like to be able to do must of the grunt work on my couch rewrapping n make going to dump banks quick n easy.

Some banks will take the rerolld and then just put in a coinlok bag to be shipped. Those are the best banks to dump

Guess I will have to try and drop these back off there and change them out for some dimes. Hahaha what do you guys think about trying to order a whole box. Any chances they might have any value in them?

Welcome to the realities of the hobby! Please don't bring the rolls back to the same bank, it will make it difficult for you and others in the future. Just establish a dump bank and bring them there, preferably not in the same box.

A box of halves doesn't know if you searched 1 or 1000 boxes before hand, it gives whatever its got lol and rewards are not based on previous searching amounts. With that being said dont get down, find a bank that you can order boxes with and keep on trucking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back