What's new

What a ride!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Went to a new bank today, one I had driven past on a few occasions and thought I better check that out. I go in and say "I'm looking for half dollars". How many do you want? "All you got". They scrounge up $13, as I'm digging through my wallet looking for something smaller than $100 bill I says "Are you sure you don't have a vault full of them cause $1000 wouldn't be too much". All of a sudden there's a crowd of tellers- I thought maybe my hat had changed colors or something. "Do you have an account?" No. "How would you be paying for them?" Cash. Goes to the head honcho, comes back and says "We can sell you $1000 but, you will either have to open an acct. or we will have to charge ten cents a roll." Now I don't like to be bullied into anything and I certainly ain't payin a fee to free up a vault of UNWANTED half dollars. So I agreed to open an acct., $100 to open and when my ATM card gets here I'll go get $80 back out. Anyways I get the two fed boxes and inquire about getting two boxes a week. My teller almost fainted again haha. She sent ME to the coin order lady who said but we only get coin every two weeks. So order two thousand at a time (I didn't want to be too pushy since the ink on ME signature card wasn't even dry yet haha). She said lets see how you do at picking up $1000 every other week then maybe we will up the ante. O and I had to swear before a Judge that I would not bring them back there haha. Kind of a pain to go through on a workday but I'm sure glad I did. First box had silver showin when I cut the box top off, flipped all the rolls and came up with 6 silvers showin. Couldn't resist, cut the top off the other box and did the same thang- 8 showin. Didn't beat my record from the other day but first box had 47 40%ers. Second box was better with 92 40%ers and two '64's. Also got one 40 from some loose at another bank for a days take of 140 40%'s and two 90%'s. Here's a pic. HH Mark
DSCN1260_edited.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Sweet I Miss Half Hunting Ive been searching two many pennies.
Ive found quite a few coins worth 20 each and paid a pennie..

Happy hunting,
CC
 
CC, 20X face is always good. I like them pennies too (cheap entertainment), I just couldn't stand dumping the things- I would let them pile up till I had no choice but to dump to get hunting money back, bucketsfull haha. I know I'm terrible about procrastinatin- that will be on ME New Years Resolution list yet again haha. HH Mark
 
Well worth the new accout!
Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom