What about this property? Mineral Rights

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found what appears to be decent land for sale. ( Mineral Rights ) The location is in Northern California and I've learned through research that the area once produced significant amounts of gold. However, the post is a little bizarre. The guy selling it states "contract to be signed after payment." Is this normal? Also, he's giving away a panning kit with the property??? What are your thoughts?

Weaverville, Trinity County, California land for sale - 40 acres at LandWatch.com

Upvote 0

Jason777

Greenie
Nov 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Investors have claimed every square inch of BLM land that has mineral entry. They do this when the price of gold goes up hoping it will spark a new gold rush and they can capitalize on selling the claims.

First of all, a gold producing region may not have squat now after 150 years of digging all the way to the bedrock. Second, even some spots on good gold producing rivers today don't have squat because gold settles in the inside bends in rivers.

To me a gold map is only used to tell me all of the places to avoid. Good gold bearing gravel is still out there waiting to be found where it hasn't been raped already.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Investors have claimed every square inch of BLM land that has mineral entry. They do this when the price of gold goes up hoping it will spark a new gold rush and they can capitalize on selling the claims.

First of all, a gold producing region may not have squat now after 150 years of digging all the way to the bedrock. Second, even some spots on good gold producing rivers today don't have squat because gold settles in the inside bends in rivers.

To me a gold map is only used to tell me all of the places to avoid. Good gold bearing gravel is still out there waiting to be found where it hasn't been raped already.

WOW!!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

Where did you find this info ?? Could you post a link to it ?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other

Hmmmm....Who woulda guessed it....... Those are some pretty tall statements.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The entire Mother lode has been dug to bed rock. Imagine that. Barry , is My Land Matters aware that every square inch of BLM that has mineral entry has been claimed ? I apologize for the sarcasm

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Thanks for the valuble info. I guess I should stop panning the deep pool straightaways and head directly to the inside corner.

IMG_4095 - Copy.JPG

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Well this kind of statement shows a full lack of understanding about placer gold deposition and new technology extraction/recovery. I agree with the statement that new gold bearing gravels are awaiting discovery and I'll leave it at that.....as todays technology makes recovery of lessor/small deposits very rewarding.

The key issue pertaining to Old Placer areas such as the Mother Lode Country is EROSION and deposition of newly deposited free gold. That one words' meaning eludes to CONCENTRATIONS of gold. This year the Mother Lode ought to be richly renewed as erosion has been very good....and CONCENTRATIONS will occur.

Bejay

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the motherload has been mined so extensively that we need to rely entirely on erosion and new deposits
The reason being that the entire area HAS NOT been worked to bedrock.

There are many placer areas that were not fully mined due to:

1.) Inability to remove overburden.
2.) Lack of water.

For the early miners that were lacking sufficient water, 15 feet of overburden was difficult to remove while still leaving a profit margin.
They usually resorted to mining via. drift tunnels, which was very dangerous and labor intensive. Large boulders made this type of mining difficult.
Rarely have I seen tracks used, and usually the tunnel floor is not at an even grade where a wheel barrow could be used. This means they were carrying material out in buckets.
The pay streak had to have been very rich in order to employ this type of mining method. Due to the danger from collapse, they could only attempt to get the heart of the deposit.
Many times the necessary water never materialized.
That leaves a big potential for modern miners.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread