What's new

What an interesting marble.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
1,367
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This marble I bought a while back for a buck, it has what I think looks like a bear on a tree branch, maybe I am seeing things. After I bought it I mentioned to the seller that there was something inside the marble, his mouth dropped. The next one is another onion skin I think and the other marble was another field find.
Brian c.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0314.webp
    IMG_0314.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_0308.webp
    IMG_0308.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0310.webp
    IMG_0310.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_0311.webp
    IMG_0311.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 419
Re: Bear on a tree branch.

I think you should change your subject line title you might get more replies... that is a neat marble but I can't help you...
 
Re: Bear on a tree branch.

It's hard to tell from that pic, but it sure looks like it is a sulphide. They are very collectible, and amber ones can command premiums.
 
Re: Bear on a tree branch.

cheese said:
It's hard to tell from that pic, but it sure looks like it is a sulphide. They are very collectible, and amber ones can command premiums.
This marble is not that old, no pontil on either end? It is just a neat find. :coffee2:
 
Ok, if you say so, but if you find a sulphide with an obvious pontil mark, chances are it is NOT old. The old sulphides had ground and polished pontils. Often times the pontil can't even be seen. The thing about yours though, is that it looks like it is pretty small. Some old sulphides were small but most were bigger than yours appears to be.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom