dognose
Silver Member
- #1
Thread Owner
My wife and I were returning from visiting our 2nd oldest granddaughter in Iowa. Driving home we went through West Branch and decided to stretch our legs and rest at the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library.
I've seen documentaries about the depression which always included some information about Hoover, but did not think to much else about him. The visit to his Presidential Library was an interesting and eye opening time.
It took us about 2 hours to go through the Presidential Library. Very worthwhile.
For more about Hoover and the Presidential Library, check here https://hoover.archives.gov/
This was our second Presidential Library visit. The first being the Truman Presidential Library in Independence Missouri, about 30 minutes south of where our daughter lives. The Truman Presidential Library is definitely worth a visit if your in the area. The next Presidential Library on our schedule is the Carter Presidential Library.
I only took a handful of photos. Just a drop in the bucket of information available there at his Presidential Library.
Oddly enough, my dad looks like Hoover when my dad was in his 80's
I thought this was interesting, his interest and veal for standardization.
I read the Tommyknocker book by Steven King, not knowing what a Tommyknocker is. Hey, Now I do.
I've seen documentaries about the depression which always included some information about Hoover, but did not think to much else about him. The visit to his Presidential Library was an interesting and eye opening time.
It took us about 2 hours to go through the Presidential Library. Very worthwhile.
For more about Hoover and the Presidential Library, check here https://hoover.archives.gov/
This was our second Presidential Library visit. The first being the Truman Presidential Library in Independence Missouri, about 30 minutes south of where our daughter lives. The Truman Presidential Library is definitely worth a visit if your in the area. The next Presidential Library on our schedule is the Carter Presidential Library.
I only took a handful of photos. Just a drop in the bucket of information available there at his Presidential Library.
Oddly enough, my dad looks like Hoover when my dad was in his 80's
I thought this was interesting, his interest and veal for standardization.
I read the Tommyknocker book by Steven King, not knowing what a Tommyknocker is. Hey, Now I do.







