What's new

what are these threaded objects?

jml818

Full Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
118
Reaction score
459
Golden Thread
0
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing special here, but when I found the second one at another old digging site, now It kills me to not know what these were used for.
They have just that one hole on the head which does not go through.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0020-1.webp
    IMG_0020-1.webp
    252.2 KB · Views: 157
Looks like maybe old style rifle sling studs that go in a rifle stock. One on fore stock and the other near the butt.
 
Upvote 0
I would lean towards them being part of a drawer pull (missing the U shaped center pull and backing plates)
 
Upvote 0
They're thumb screws no doubt but what For?
 
Upvote 0
I think they are very old drop pull screws for drawers, similar to these:
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.38.11 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.38.11 PM.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 0
I think they are very old drop pull screws for drawers, similar to these:

Yup, great ID. They are pretty old from my experience, I find them at sites dating from the 1750's to the mid 1800's. My guide to colonial artifacts dates them from the 1700's, though I think they made them until at least the early 1800's.
 
Upvote 0
Yep
Drawer pull studs.
I have dressers with them.

Now find the sock drawer with all the cash in it...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom