What's new

What Are We, Anyway?

Dan Hughes said:
Sounds like a guy who does colonoscopies.

JOKE:

Nurse: Mr. Smith, I have good news and bad news about your colonoscopy.

The good news is that you are fine.

The bad news is that Dr. Johnson can't find his watch.
 
I use the term " Avocational Archaeologist" as it usually just gets a blank stare and "Oh" as a response. Play their game.
 
or an electronical ground signal investigator. :tongue3:
 
Lets get real about this! We are actually a group of DREAMERS! The strange part is some of the dreams actually come true!!!! Frank
 
I'm a "Past-Finder".
I like the old foundations and overgrown places that once were our past. Historian/amateur archaeologist. :thumbsup:

Al
 
I say that I am a research and recovery expert specializing in the discovery and retrieval of valuable historical artifacts.
My wife says that I am a nerd with a metal detector.
Tomato…….To-mah-to.
 
I'm a - what? What should we call ourselves?

You are all treasure hunters, as am I. All the rest is just name games, like calling shell shock "post traumatic stress syndrome" lets not fool ourselves when the name really fits as treasure hunters. Metal detectors are only one tool in the toolbox so saying a "detectorist" is excluding all the other methods (including the naked eyeball) so is inaccurate Likewise with all the other fields within the treasure hunting vocation, metallurgy, historical research, even satellite imagery - just parts of the whole.

Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:
 
It depends on who my audience is as to what I call myself.

NJ
 
Relic Realignment Specialist

OR

Artifactologist :laughing7:
 
In truth I am a lesbian, I like women, on the other hand I like using my metal detector, so that make me a.............person that likes women and metal detectors.
Metal detecting is fun and keeps you outdoors and in shape. Anyway it doesn't matter what we are called.
Nevada Coyote
 
I would say after Irene for beach hunters RICH just hope all are safe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom