What's new

What are your goals?

kestrelia

Hero Member
Joined
May 9, 2007
Messages
587
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
When I was driving home last night I was reviewing my goals in my head and wondering what other people's goals might be. I was hoping to complete two of my goals last night, one, complete a whole box of 40%'ers and two, complete a whole roll of silver quarters. (I did both! ... very happy.) Now I'm hoping to someday complete a whole box of 90% kennedys and still working on 1 million pennies searched. I know of GMan's impressive goal of finding a roll of every variety, every denomination, but what other goals besides filling an album, finding a certain type you've never found (getting a Peace Dollar, etc.), or finding as much silver as possible do any of you have?

Brian
 
Upvote 0
I don't set goals for hobbies. Then it is not as much fun. It is more like work.
 
To get silver at face value. Although I keep all NIFCs and proofs so far, I don't really care about getting any specific year coin. If I needed one year to complete a set it is easier to buy it at the coin store. I don't think any of them are too expensive from what I have seen.

I have figured out that my addiction to CRHing is not the hunting itself, but is finding the silver. I hate it when I get a skunk box. I derive no pleasure from the search and eventual dumping of the rejects when I get skunked.

I will probably keep all the 90% coins as the price of silver continues to rise. Once I get a sizeable amount of 40% saved up, I plan to trade it for .999 silver, either 10 ounce bars or 1 oz. rounds/bars. I want to stay away from 100 ounce or larger bars, because I have heard that they are easy to fake; drill and fill, etc. Although finding fake ones might be relatively rare, I don't want to be the one who owns them.

Jim
 
Hey Brian congrats on accomplishing 2 of your goals that is great , all I want to do is find mucho amounts of silver ... anyways best of luck with your other goals 8)
 
Interesting post Brian.......

I can't say I really have any hard line goals but I do try to average 10 silver coins per day in a years time which is 70 per week. I don't want to put that number too high because it might take the enjoyment out of it if it is not accomplished. I am happy with that figure. Again, this is not a goal but just a figure I shoot for.

Not really a goal either I guess but, I told myself I would search more nickels this year to snag some War Nicks & hopefully a few Buffalo's. I am failing miserably on this......searched one box only so far this year.

My Franklin book is finally complete....yeah! I am now working on a Walker book but I realize some of these will have to be bought to complete. I have 21 holes left to fill. One of the 1921 holes is filled but the other two will surely have to be bought.

There are other things I would like to accomplish in this hobby but again, they are not goals per say. There are other coins I'd like to have....if I don't find it and want it bad enough.....I'll go buy it....lol.

Again, interesting post.....kinda curious to hear others respone.......
 
my goal for the year is to get 200 oz silver at little cost .....between crh and recycling metal and buying bullion i am half way there :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom