What beaches could I detect on for a few days this summer?

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm going to be in NJ for a vacation this summer and would like to metal detect on some ocean beaches while I'm there. I realize that the Sandy Hook beaches are off limits for detecting. Are there any other beaches in that area where I could go? I'm not looking for anyones "secert" places just some beaches that I can get my detector wet. Thanks

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocean City, MD, Rehoboth DE, Delaware Seashores State Park, DE, Ocean City, NJ, Bethany Beach, DE

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Where in NJ will you be? That'll help us point you to the right places closest to your stay.

OP
OP
Schrecky

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Near Sandy Hook

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
You can go a little further north on Rt. 36 to Keansburg. When I was growing up it was considered "the poor man's Seaside Heights" (very blue collar, low rent). There are (or at least were) amusement rides, boardwalk, and a decent beach. Haven't been there for almost 20 years but it's on my list to hunt.

South of SH on Rt 36 there's not much until you get to Long Branch (Seven Presidents Park) and Asbury Park. You should be able to hunt both of those beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread