What's new

What Coil for Lobo?

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, What coil would ya'll recomend for better depth on coins and relics for my Lobo super Traq? It has the stock coil on it now. Thanks Steve
 
The deepest coil for the lobo will be the 9x8 concentric spider 4 pin coil.I have been around the forums for years and have heard really good thing of this combination.
 
12" x 10" Widescan (COIL-12x10W-LC-G; includes scuff)(L) $169
 
Yes, terry is absolutely correct. We sell them in EU with the 12x10. I have heard reports from abroad that they find 4"x4" belt buckle at 36". Not confirming it but have been told that by a customer.
 
Thanks All, I just ordered the 12 x 10 Widescan. Does it pinpoint in the center or front or back? Thanks Again, steve
 
Every detector that i have used pinpointed at the center. Could someone please explain "tip to toe" Thanks Steve
 
DD coils have a detection field that runs down the center of the coil like a line from tip to toe.A concentric puts out a detection field like a bubble.A concentric pinpoints dead center.There is no center on a DD coil.To pinpoint you use the toe( front)or the heel(back).By moving the coil back until the signal stops.The target is at the toe of the coil.Or do the same and use the heel.It is good sometimes to check target with toe then heel,this give good sizing.
 
I have had three Lobo's, and tried every coil on them, the best I found was the standard eight and a half inch, which is what it was supplied standard with, in the UK. The eliptical coil was a very close second. The bigger the coil the more you will lose in sensitivity, this makes a difference over here, but perhaps not that much difference in the US.

SS
 
Howdy All, Coil came today along with sleet and snow. Hope to try it out in a couple of days. Thanks Again, steve
 
I have had three Lobo's, and tried every coil on them, the best I found was the standard eight and a half inch, which is what it was supplied standard with, in the UK. The eliptical coil was a very close second. The bigger the coil the more you will lose in sensitivity, this makes a difference over here, but perhaps not that much difference in the US.

SS

MY 12x10" lobo coil has only gained sensitivity (and depth) for fine gold such as chains, earrings etc, maybe it loses sensitivity for tiny gold flakes, but certainly not for anything larger/heavier, in fact, I found a 333 gold earring of only 0.07 gram, and the 12x10" coil could pick it at 3 inch or so. A 5gr gold chain with a broken lock peeped at 7" when I air tested it. Need I say more ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom