What Coil(s) Would You Like to See for Dēus II?

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Bucket Lister

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5X9" or 6" round for me.
Wow, that seems small (newb here).
Would that be for tight spots, weight, both?
Can you get the same depth, discrim., etc. with those as with larger coils?

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No comment on coil sizes but as far as Deus1 and ORX coils being compatible with the Deus2…

These machines may look very similar and of course share their design and technology DNA, but they are very different machines, making compatibility impossible. The important difference, the D1 and ORX are both single frequency, the D2 is simultaneous multi-frequency. They are very different technologies.

The D1, ORX, and D2 are very different from other models and all other brands. Their processing brains are imbedded inside the coils. With all other detectors, the brains are in their control boxes.

Last edited:

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
I'd love a 5x9 to get depth but also a smaller scan

Tbh even a 6" round wouldn't be too bad but for sure in the areas I search there's a lot of iron and such unfortunately when you find 200 year old coins in almost mint condition and hammered silver coins between the trash.. you really wanna have a smaller coil.

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
Wow, that seems small (newb here).
Would that be for tight spots, weight, both?
Can you get the same depth, discrim., etc. with those as with larger coils?
Yes and Not really

A smaller coil lets you separate trash better

Imagine in a line you have a Nail - hammered coin - nail with like 5cm gap between them

something like the 11x13" coil could very likely ignore the hammered coin because of the discrimination ignoring the nail signals on either side.

the 5x9 tho would have less than half the width so you'd likelier hear the hammered coin too.

the tradeoffs for big Vs smaller coil are
pro bigger:
- deeper scanning
- more sensitive usually

pro smaller:
- a lot lighter
- Obviously better in tighter spaces such as for woodland
- better trash separation

the pro for one thing is an opposite for the other.

such as a bigger coil is deeper but the smaller is shallower

That being said, the Deus 2 especially with it's fast multi frequency coils and processing speed doesn't have too much issue separating usually.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes and Not really

A smaller coil lets you separate trash better

Imagine in a line you have a Nail - hammered coin - nail with like 5cm gap between them

something like the 11x13" coil could very likely ignore the hammered coin because of the discrimination ignoring the nail signals on either side.

the 5x9 tho would have less than half the width so you'd likelier hear the hammered coin too.

the tradeoffs for big Vs smaller coil are
pro bigger:
- deeper scanning
- more sensitive usually

pro smaller:
- a lot lighter
- Obviously better in tighter spaces such as for woodland
- better trash separation

the pro for one thing is an opposite for the other.

such as a bigger coil is deeper but the smaller is shallower

That being said, the Deus 2 especially with it's fast multi frequency coils and processing speed doesn't have too much issue separating usually.
Learning the sounds of what hte machine is telling the listener is the first step.
The Deus 2 with the 9" is quite capable in separating targets that are entrenched in nails.
A smaller coil might lessen the field (meaning the amount of targets under the coil at one time)
Just in the time of owning the D2 I have many times dug 3-5 nails out of hte same hole with the intended target.

Now if they were to bring out a discrimination feature for the pin pointer (sign me up :headbang:)
I still likes the inline probes that SunRay had for the Minelabs (shielding sucked though)

I really enjoyed the 5x9" elliptical as what the HF on the Deus l would be awesome.

So my like would be that but the Freq. would go to 70.

OP
OP
Bucket Lister

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Learning the sounds of what hte machine is telling the listener is the first step.
The Deus 2 with the 9" is quite capable in separating targets that are entrenched in nails.
A smaller coil might lessen the field (meaning the amount of targets under the coil at one time)
Just in the time of owning the D2 I have many times dug 3-5 nails out of hte same hole with the intended target.
Only 3-5 🤣 The other day I was getting 10± rusty nails in any hole within 20' of the house. Every time I flipped a plug, I had to sit down to comfortably sift through all the nails, widen/deepen the hole, repeat--hoping to find whatever target caused me to dig there.

I felt like a kid in a sandbox! 🤣

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Only 3-5 🤣 The other day I was getting 10± rusty nails in any hole within 20' of the house. Every time I flipped a plug, I had to sit down to comfortably sift through all the nails, widen/deepen the hole, repeat--hoping to find whatever target caused me to dig there.

I felt like a kid in a sandbox! 🤣
Well saying the real truth would only make others think that we'd be telling untruths.
So I just say 3-5 🤣

I needs another magnet set up for swishing around in the soil to lesson the small iron that the PP detects.

OP
OP
Bucket Lister

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well saying the real truth would only make others think that we'd be telling untruths.
So I just say 3-5 🤣
🤣
I needs another magnet set up for swishing around in the soil to lesson the small iron that the PP detects.
Now that'd be sweet. Dig your hole, put on your electromagnetic cestus (think Thanos' glove), stick your fist in the hole, press the button, and suck all those nails right outta the earth! 🤣

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
🤣

Now that'd be sweet. Dig your hole, put on your electromagnetic cestus (think Thanos' glove), stick your fist in the hole, press the button, and suck all those nails right outta the earth! 🤣
The EMI factor would be an issue. 🤣

OP
OP
Bucket Lister

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting