pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're pretty good at throwing the derogatory name calling out in any debate.

I'm really not grumpy actually.
Old?
Actually it's my Birthday today and I'm just a young 66.
The glass is well filled by some standards, and there's lots of room yet to other standards.
Just doing a road trip over to a 1000 acre permission where the DEUS ll found my gold coin. :headbang:
Going to stop by and chat/meet with the other 20 cellar hole permission next door.
Probably do 10hrs of digging, and put a keeper or 2 in the pouch.
That's what swinging a high end machine can do-find a few keepers.

For being a know everything-I don't know everything that is a fact.
For instance I know nothing about Garrett detectors-never had the inklings to ever either.
I don't know also what possesses a person to think that their Lada Samara is just as good as a Bentley.

Just hope none of those guys weren't wearing any camo in the park.
So that finger won't be hitting the speed dialling for 1-800-RATS (previous debates. :laughing7:)
Kind of has that male Karen fetid to it.
So all the best, hope you'll find a keeper 🖐️

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday PJ! 🎉 You are just a pup...

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only people I tell about what I have found in detail, are other detector guys, not people in general, pepperj, you have permissions that most of us will never have available and Freebird, you just sound like an angry guy in general. I'm returning to Treasure Net in general. Good hunting for you guys.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The question was "What company has the best detecting engineer"
My answer- The one who decides I'm worthy of getting a testing unit sent so I can help.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, Pepperj, thought you were much older than that. As for name calling, watch the "how guys talk" barbershop scene in "Gran Torino" and you'll see how real guys talk to each other. The fact that you don't realize I'm just busting your chops and kidding around makes YOU the overly sensitive Karen here.

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, Pepperj, thought you were much older than that. As for name calling, watch the "how guys talk" barbershop scene in "Gran Torino" and you'll see how real guys talk to each other. The fact that you don't realize I'm just busting your chops and kidding around makes YOU the overly sensitive Karen here.
Very familiar with that scene. Yet, I've never run into guys that talk like that outside of the old school days.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You nailed you're self described life 2:37-2:45 :headbang: (should of added detector also):laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not politics forum, nor a forum to intentionally insult or annoy other members. please post according to our rules, and no insults.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You nailed you're self described life 2:37-2:45 :headbang: (should of added detector also)

Had the same girlfriend for 37 years and make a good living selling antiques and collectibles on Craigslist, eBay and Amazon. Also made a very good living as carpenter for over 30 years. Had to spend over 60k for assited living to care for my dying father years back, so that wiped out my savings from that job. That forced me to be a little frugal and I'm still that way, I guess...

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not politics forum, nor a forum to intentionally insult or annoy other members. please post according to our rules, and no insults.

Sorry, Treasure_Hunter, some people just bring out the worst in you. I know I do the same to them as well! We're all metal detecting brothers here, but brothers do bicker and argue from time to time...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the same girlfriend for 37 years and make a good living selling antiques and collectibles on Craigslist, eBay and Amazon. Also made a very good living as carpenter for over 30 years. Had to spend over 60k for assited living to care for my dying father years back, so that wiped out my savings from that job. That forced me to be a little frugal and I'm still that way, I guess...
So... still same girlfriend now or ? ? ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry, Treasure_Hunter, some people just bring out the worst in you. I know I do the same to them as well! We're all metal detecting brothers here, but brothers do bicker and argue from time to time...
You're so right about brother's bickering about anything and everything, but the common bond still there regardless.
Also they know all too well what buttons to push to get that rise out of each other.

Frugalness is well installed in the blood here Tim, like the saying goes: "Don't have to preach to the chore"

Grew up living the Depression Era syndrome" everything got reused until it couldn't and grew up knowing the value of money because we didn't have a lot period.
Yet the saying: Penny wise pound foolish" is a thing that has haunted the life choices.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I quit this thread a while ago (RIP), but this morning I came across a line on Metal Detecting World that seemed apropos.

Despite all the modern technological advances, “state-of-the-art” circuitry, and fancy sales rhetoric, the most accurate detector is still a shovel! In other words, “if you are not sure, dig!”

Bearing in mind that not all shovels are created equal either, and we're back to this same argument. You can spend $15 on an Anvil from Home Despot, or $150+ (10X) on a high-tech Lesch. Both will dig a hole, but the Lesch will probably dig it faster & easier in many situations. I can personally attest that the Anvil will usually (not always) get the job done, but it's more work, takes longer, and a general PITA.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread