What's new

what dates are the key ones in the kennedy half dollar series?

BEACH-HUNTER

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
411
Reaction score
144
Golden Thread
0
Location
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know all "S" mint and 90% 64's 40% 65-70's.... could some one help me out with other key coins I should look for please?? I have always hunted coin rolls on a small scale $20-$50 at a time...just ordered my first $500 box!! Will be in Friday..can't wait!!! I started coin roll hunting in 1983 when I got my first job...been doing it from time to time since then. I will do it alot then stop then start...but I plan to stick to it from now on...between my beach/water/dirt detecting!! want to hoard some silver for the future!! Thanks for any info you all can offer!!
 
Upvote 0
WOW...THATS A VERY LONG POST!!

I FOUND SOME INFO..ALL PRE-64 COINS AND 64 KENNEDYS.... ALL 65-1970 40% SILVER...ALL "S" MINT COINS...LOOK FOR 1974 DOUBLE DIE'S.....ALL 1987 P+D+S...AND 2003 OR NEWER HALFS.....HAVE I MISSED ANY??? OF COURSE ANY "ERROR COINS"!! GOT ANY TO ADD??
 
I tried to put together a roll of every year and mint of the JFK's and found the 1978D,79D & 1986P hard to come by, in good condition. Outside of the NIFC coins. Mind you I'm being picky so not just any run of the mill 78,79D or 86P would do. My set is AU. Any time I see a thick shiny edge I check the date, While just edge searching. Took me over 1 1/2 years to put a full set together like that, minus the 70 & 87. I still pull out Cherry's and replace ones I was good with, until another cherry comes along. I set those aside as I rifle through box after box. and at the end of a week or 2 I'll pull out the set and replace with newly acquired Cherry's if needed. Got to do this every couple of weeks as my cherry pile starts to get into the $50 - $60 range taking working capitol out of CRH'g

What am I missing from my circulated uncirculated roll set? of course the 1987P & D but I'm Close, oh and I've only found 3 1970D's ... Maybe if I search another Million halves this year I might find another 1 or 2 of them????? LOL

CRH Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom