What did I find today at the beach?

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Hello from Florida!
It was another gorgeous day at Daytona Beach; bodies everywhere! I pulled a mere 5 quarters, 3 pennies and a huge silver (colored!) earring from the surf and got my share of sunburn to show for it. It was wonderful!!! I also found this strange coin; I'd call it a Chinese Coin but I know nothing at all about foreign currency. I started searching the internet for some info and then smacked my head when I realized that I should just post it here and one of my smart online buddies would tell me what I found. So, here it is - it's quite thin and about the size of a US dime. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer....
Ruth

Attachments

• Side 1.JPG
    Side 1.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 467
  • Side 2.JPG
    Side 2.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some kind of Chinese Cash Coin I think.... not sure how to date it though, but I'm sure someone else will come along with the right date on it.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find SS, definitely a Chinese cash coin, those things show up all over the world but I have not found one in Germany yet, LOL! Here's a site to try and ID the coin, it could be several hundred years old but I have no idea. Good luck with the ID and here is the site http://www.sportstune.com/chinese/ HH, Mike

OP
OP
SaintSea

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Thanks for the great info. guys! I'm confident that I understand the mint mark - but the other side of the coin still has me confused as I haven't found a match for it yet...
Ruth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread