What's new

What do you all think of the shield reserve on the penny

Jeff and enamel,
Thank you both; and I don't feel a day over 70 much less a thousands days over 70.
Don..

Cool !


I'm 58 Don, & I don't feel a day over 70 Either :thumbsup:
 
Cudamark
Thanks. Great day indeed. Going to a local park and jog/walk.
Last time there found a loose $20 on the ground; perhaps there's more. I'm outta here !
Don.........

PS: Took the $20 to the bank; they said it was counterfeit !! Bummer !!
 
Last edited:
1st off; I find the back of the newer cent kinda plain but I am also tired of the Memorial reverse ,Maybe the reverse could show the new "Freedom Tower in NY" but to many that may not be PC as we would not want to offend anyone:nono: . Also a belated Happy Birthday MacD . I believe it was you who has given me good advice in this past year [ more than once ] I've always pictured you as a younger guy with a small child, " never judge someone by their avatar" now I see where all the Wisdom came from. I feel old @ 42 but I now age is a state of mind ,as long as your body does not give out on you . Davers :thumbsup:
 
to answer the original question I think the shield back is a interesting new design, I really was sick of the memorial reverse to me it looks like a street trolley, as for dropping the cent, I say no, don't drop the cent, even though RIGHT NOW its only purpose is a mathematical placeholder for small change, when those bums at the mint see that it costs more to make a cent then its worth instead of telling congress to move onto more profitable denomination they should start trying to increase the value of the dollar, if we could triple the value of the dollar then not only could the production of the penny become profitable we could go back to copper, it we increase the value of the dollar 16 fold we can even go back to silver coinage. think about that next time you call for the death of the penny, in my opinion metals never change in value, and their price only changes in the market due to demand inflation, if it becomes more expensive to make a penny its because the face value is decreasing not the metals rice increasing. sorry for that long windedness, ready heres round 2. as for the redesign I absolutely agree, that tyrant has adorned the observe of every us 1 cent coin made for the last 104 years, funny we go directly from an image of liberty to an image of a dictator whos iron fisted policy caused a war among brothers! 1 will never support the production of the one cent coin until we get general lee on the observe. at the very least go back to the indian head. but first strengthen the dollar and go back to copper cent. how to strengthen the dollar? stop forcing inflation! stop printing money! let some of the existing money to be removed from circulation and let the value of those remaining rise.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom