What's new

What do you think??

outdoorfunblonde

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
329
Reaction score
446
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these in close proximity in a dry creek bed today.
There was nothing else around(that I saw) that would actually make me think they are claws, although they LOOK like a set of claws. (of course, I don't know jack- $hit)
Tell me your thoughts... please... :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • jan 3rd 2015 031.webp
    jan 3rd 2015 031.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 122
  • jan 3rd 2015 032.webp
    jan 3rd 2015 032.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 118

After thinking about it, and considering what else I find regularly in that creek bed, I have come to a conclusion.
Of course, I don't know for sure, but it could very well make since to be the tip portion of horns.
OR.... maybe rib cage.
Deer having several sizes of "points" on the same set of horns... ??????
Kinda makes since, don't know what else could come as close.
 
Steinkern of a rudistid. (internal structure)
A horn shaped muluska "clam/bivalve" from the lower Cretaceous.
These were shaped similar to a funnel and had a "cap" at aperture.

Jess B.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom