What does it mean when you find objects 3ft 3inches down..

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is if the stuff were buried purposley or there was a couple feet of dirt added. Ive dug out dump sites that were 6' plus full of trash

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is if the stuff were buried purposley or there was a couple feet of dirt added. Ive dug out dump sites that were 6' plus full of trash

All i know is, all im finding is glass, no junk metal or anything.. but yeah i figured it was abnormally deep..

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try getting some information from what you are digging up, a makers mark from a dinner plate, a pontiled base or embossed shards of patent medicines. It may give you an idea of how old the site is. And remember that there may be older stuff below what you are finding, and possibly unbroken bottles as well. 1800s trash pits do not contain the same type of materials that we throw away today, glass being a dominant find in most old trash pits. Keep at it and you may find some good keepers.A good long probe is a diggers best friend..

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
dump hole / filled in privy hole --from the 40's

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dump hole / filled in privy hole --from the 40's

What make you say 40s?..

If it was a privy (not saying its buried treasure or anything) there would be a bunch of metal/glass objects, ive dug a 3ft hole, and all ive found was 3 pieces of milk glass...

hikingthehills

Dec 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It means someone has beat you to the treasure and threw the old mason jars it was in back in the hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread