What's new

What else is there to find other than the normall stuff?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GREENSKULL
  • Start date Start date
G

GREENSKULL

Guest
What are the odds of finding something really great, like something worth so much money its life changing? :
 
Al normal stuff was life changing to the critters it fell on.
Define normal stuff!
 
Slim to None,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 
by normal stuff i meant like the things ppl usually find like a coin here or there, i guess you could find some really expensive bling though. someone said they found a platinum necklace, that had to be worth some serious scratch, maybe not life changing but still a nice chunk.
 
If you go by the odds, you probably shouldn't treasure hunt. If you enjoy getting out and hunting treasure that you have researched, it might be the thing for you. People do find caches and other big ticket items though. Enjoy the hunt and keep at it.
 
Cristina recently found a vintage diamond and emerald ring that appraised between $8000 to $10000...

To me thats beyond the normal finds...
 
People do find things other than clad coins and pull tabs. Those that find very valuable items, usually, do not brag about it in public. We all hope to be one of those people one day.


Ray S
 
thanks for the replies i just ordered the DFX 300, and got a bounty hunter pilot ( which they said was a new one) for FREE. great deal. cant wait to use it. :icon_king:
 
I wouldn't plan on being able to retire but it is a lot of fun. Then again...you never know what your going to find until you get out there!

GL & HH
 
Reply, found an old, small glass bead yesterday. Don't know what it was used for, but it seems I find it fun just lookin' at it.
 
i have heard that the thing to look for are meteorites. thaey say they are hard to find, but if you can find one it will sell high. on one website they say meteorites sell for 300$ per gram a 1 pound meteorite is worth 1 million $$$.
 
GREENSKULL said:
What are the odds of finding something really great, like something worth so much money its life changing? :

In your whole lifetime the odds are 2,400,138:1 against.

On any single trip they are 13,742,655,271:1 against.

If you are a sapper for unexploded ordinance the odds of finding something life changing are much better at 909:1 against.

But, if you find a coin worth $100 it may motivate you to take up or change your views on coin collecting as a pursuit and it could change your life. Or something as simple as finding a quarter vs. not the first time you borrow a detector. Could change your whole opinion of detecting.
 
May I submit an amount of $'s that would be "life changing"? If I forget an Ace 250 leaning against a tree in the woods and lose it,now that would change my life. However, if I find a shiny new Ace 250 and I didn't own one that would also be life changing as now I would have a new and exiting hobby!
 
The odds having a life changing find are practically nil unless you do nothing but treasure hunt, starting with hours, weeks, days and maybe years of research. It's a keen hobby, and the exercise is good for you and you will have some decent finds if you keep at it. If you are not having fun you are working too hard. Monty
 
I have to tell you...... I know I'm a novice and will never find some of the fabulous jewelry, coins, relics I see on this sight but I find this hobby a life-saver for me. I only have one real close friend since I moved to FL and therefore don't socialize a lot, but my husband plays golf and I MD and it is so relaxing for me and it takes my mind off all my troubles, i.e., I come from a large Italian family and in the past year I lost 3 sisters and a brother which is very, very hard for me to accept but when I'm out with my detector (even if I don't know what I'm doing) it brings me peace of mind, fresh air, sunshine and exercise. I hope the politicians don't ever take it away from us. I know it's really good for me.

Ciao,

Miss Liz
 
My son gave me a MD last year. It was a "cheap Chinese junk" but I didn't know that.
Was going to be thrown away as it was a return for complaint. Not worth the shipping cost.
Letter of complaint said "It makes noises all the time unless I take out the batteries".
I tried it and sure enough it made noise when near metal.
Started studying and found Treasure Net site and have had fun ever since.
That is my life changing story.
Wish I had it years ago when I knew good places. But there be more good places to be found.

Grey
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom