What's new

What Forum Member Would You Like To Hunt With?

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
9,189
Reaction score
33,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a fantasy thread. Everyone replying gets to pick one member. I’m old and half crippled. I’m an armchair treasure hunter for the most part now. I sometimes wish I was 30 again and could travel and hunt in many places. Maybe go to a far away country and hunt for gold with @Chilli . Or to England and look for hammered silver with @CRUSADER. Who wouldn’t like to jump on a boat with @Blak bart and head to the Bahamas? Maybe you’d like to do something non-treasure related like learning photography from @ronwoodcraft. So many interesting people here it’s hard to choose. My main interests as far as treasure are coins and arrowheads. I’ve lived on the prairie my whole life. I’ve been to the mountains and the ocean. The one place I’ve never experienced is the desert. Who could I hunt with in the desert and find coins and arrowheads? For me, that’s easy. I’d go with @oldmxrat!💪🏻 Tell me who you would like to hunt with or visit and why.
 
For me it would have to be hunting and finding something I would never get here.
Gold I can get. Coins too though some of the ones several hundreds of yrs old I see here are amazing. Then there's the amazingly different landscapes from ours with the forrests all lit up in fall and rivers and lakes with huge fish, I love my fishing. That's tempting as where I live is very little in the way of rivers and no natural lakes.
Sights wise that would be difficult because I see so many post pictures from where they live that are stunning in comparison to where I am.
Picking solely on finds and hunting things.
I think the most fascinating things I see here finds wise are the Indian arrow heads, particularly the black ones that look like they're made out of some kind of gemstone. For that reason id say Creekside.
Though id like to meet everyone at some big Tnet bbq, that'd be awesome. Imagine that, wouldn't that be a blast. 😄 That'd be non stop laughs for sure.
In that regard its impossible to separate any individual as far as who'd I like to meet the most. 👍
 
Honestly, I would like to have a "TreasureNet Convention & Hunt" at a location that we can all easily fly, drive, to. Announce it at least six-seven months ahead of time and charge a MINIMAL FEE to cover administration costs. In my mind it would be a two-day (at least) affair with camping or lodging nearby. I want to meet EVERYBODY! There is so much knowledge and good vibes here, you just know it would be AWESOME!
 
I’d like to hunt with a bunch of members
ARC, because I’m sure there’d be some rum,
Bart, so he can teach me how to fish, Casper, so he can save me from drowning in the deep end, Plymouthian, so we can hunt the neighborhood I grew up in, Whadifind, so we can go on a nice walk, and finally, Jeff “Peyton Manning “ Gordon…. Because I’ll be guaranteed in finding more than him.
 
Honestly, I would like to have a "TreasureNet Convention & Hunt" at a location that we can all easily fly, drive, to. Announce it at least six-seven months ahead of time and charge a MINIMAL FEE to cover administration costs. In my mind it would be a two-day (at least) affair with camping or lodging nearby. I want to meet EVERYBODY! There is so much knowledge and good vibes here, you just know it would be AWESOME!
That would call for a whole week!
 
Last edited:
I have already hunted with over a dozen T-Net members great bunch of guys). I met many at the 1st governor of PAs homestead hunt back in 2015. I have driven to NC, VA, and NY to hunt with others. There has only been one local metal detectorist from Tnet that I have detected with and that's fuzzy535. I'd love to hunt with most all members, but here are my top 4
1. HEAVYMETALNUT
2. BuckleBoy
3. CRUSADER
4. smokeythecat

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461113682.950944.webp



IMG95201606259510301995281-1.webp


IMG950434.webp
 
Last edited:
I have already hunted with over a dozen T-Net members great bunch of guys). I met many at the 1st governor of PAs homestead hunt back in 2015. I have driven to NC, VA, and NY to hunt with others. There has only been one local metal detectorist from Tnet that I have detected with and that's fuzzy535. I'd love to hunt with most all members, but here are my top 4
1. HEAVYMETALNUT
2. BuckleBoy
3. CRUSADER
4. smokeythecat

View attachment 2234636

View attachment 2234638
View attachment 2234643

View attachment 2234644

View attachment 2234645
I haven't heard from Smoky in awhile.
 
I thought of you first because of your knowledge of arrowheads. Some things I could show you in the mountains would make you say wow and you could explain to me what they are.
 
I’d like to hunt with a bunch of members
ARC, because I’m sure there’d be some rum,
Bart, so he can teach me how to fish, Casper, so he can save me from drowning in the deep end, Plymouthian, so we can hunt the neighborhood I grew up in, Whadifind, so we can go on a nice walk, and finally, Jeff “Peyton Manning “ Gordon…. Because I’ll be guaranteed in finding more than him.
***ARC hides his Rum under his jacket and starts limping and groaning severely acting like his back is thrown out ***

:P

:)

Nah......... i would love to meet each and everrrrr........ well......... um...... AHEM.... um...... well ...... yeah..... meet..... and greet.... all those who bring Rum. :)
 
I have already hunted with over a dozen T-Net members great bunch of guys). I met many at the 1st governor of PAs homestead hunt back in 2015. I have driven to NC, VA, and NY to hunt with others. There has only been one local metal detectorist from Tnet that I have detected with and that's fuzzy535. I'd love to hunt with most all members, but here are my top 4
1. HEAVYMETALNUT
2. BuckleBoy
3. CRUSADER
4. smokeythecat

View attachment 2234636


View attachment 2234643

View attachment 2234644
Now thats a Motley Crew of Scallywags if i ever saw one :)
 
Hey bigwavedave...... btw...
Thanks for the consideration / compliment.
All joking aside...
I would detect with ya.
Besides...
I think your the only person here who WOULD detect with me.... :P

ps and JFY...
I have only detected with 2 people from TreasureNet....
TreasureHunter and Col. Dan.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom