Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was headed out to some freshly timbered fields and came across a gent who had a tow truck working on his vehicle. Stopped to see if he needed any assistance and he explained he had been tilling the soil under the nearby high power tension lines and lost his truck keys a few days earlier. I said I had a detector in the back, but he warned me that he and a few others had looked pretty hard for them. As the tow truck driver was having a hard time getting the truck set up I told him I would look for a while. I have an F75 but even with DST I was getting some awful interference and had to crank the sensitivity way down. I noticed that the belly of the wires were the worst area and the towers the least so I assume it was an electromagnetic halo at the belly point. I burned up about an hour and a half looking but no joy and the truck was eventually towed away. I knew it was probably fruitless since they were under high power lines but also since the keys were either ground under or flung off into the woods from the tractor tiller; but I had to try just to try to help out. Finally made it to a field that I walked and noticed some early blue edge pottery so I gave it a try. Ended up digging a butt plate to a brown bess, a sword guard, and what looks like a Jacksonian button all up in a corner. I guess it was kind of a reward for trying to help someone out.

a212..jpg

2pbut..jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 14

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What luck! Great finds and good job trying to help out. :thumbsup:

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not superstitious but just in case I always like to try and keep Karma on my side.
Nice finds.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell your a good man. Yes you were rewarded Thanks for the post!!!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will IV padlock cover, not as common as the GR or VR.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread