What hapens if the lost dutchman mine is found in the wilderness area.

Seventytwo

Apr 4, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Many
The superstition mountain wilderness area is a no dig zone. If some one was to locate the lost dutchman mine here they will not be able to even file a claim. I believe that you would have no rights to it at all. My thoughts on this mine is that if located it would hold more in historical value than the gold. Any thoughts on what one would do if they found it. Oh a treasure trove permit dose not cover mines.

Since no one has found it yet I figure its hid quite well. Why not just leave it hidden and take all the gold out without telling anyone, and strike it rich a few years later on a piece of land where you can stake a claim?

There are a few claims that this particular mine has been found, it's just the myth and legend surrounding it that will never die. If you have found a mine in a wilderness area, get what you can out of, as you will never be allowed to claim or mine in until ownership and a few other things change. Forget it, and hope the current owner falls on hard times and has to sell it in the future.

Perhaps the mine is really in that area and that is why the government proclaimed it to be off limits. It has happened before...........re: Victorio Peak.

Uncle Sam is a pain in the ---? its just some jeolous polititians getting mad cause they want it all,and its bs, these dumb --- laws need to be changed they are only advocating piracy, people if they could would claim there troves and the historical values of the pieces rocovered would be immense,I would pay to go see them in a museum, but as it stands uncle sam wants it all, and he will get none if any, people will melt down these precious artifacts just for the basic fact that uncle sams gonna screw you out of it, so they would rather take face value of the gold rather than nothing, and i dont blame them, Treasure hunting is hard work takes lots of time and thought energy and money, and im gonna find it for uncle sam free , NOT, we all must, work together and write our legislators and congress people, this is almost as pitiful as the war on drugs,making it against the law is not gonna ever stop it,? just like treasure hunting they should make it all legal, from the treasure hunting they would gain income tax, and preserve the treasures found,as with the drugs make it legal? open rehabs stop the prosecution? and tax it!, it would take the money out of the streets and this whole damn country would clean up and no money spent on incarseration? how much would that save us hmmm billions every year and taxes collected ,But uncle sam is the biggest dumb --- ever, always uses the retarded methods that dont work, How many years is it gonna take this government to wake up! How many treasures lost or sold for about 1/30th of there value and melted down forever lost, but hell if your the guy on the losing end face value aint half bad, thats why these idiots need to change the laws on treasure hunting, what they need to do is make it legal but when you have a find,you must call a state archaeologist, and list and record all thats found,but the owner retains the total treasure unless its sold then uncle sam get his income taxes, that i could live with, but to be robbed of my find, i just gotta say i dont think to many out there are gonna let that happen, so write your legislators,congress people get these laws changed and history preserved and the values of the treasures are greatly increased over the face value of the gold, Just some thoughts all tammahawk >:( >:( also join here its free www.wwats.org

Tammahawk, I appreciate your enthusiasm. I also appreciate your plug about WWATS. I serve on the Board of Directors of WWATS and we encourage you to keep spreading the word about visiting our web site.

tammahawk said:
Uncle Sam is a pain in the --- its just some jeolous polititians getting mad cause they want it all,and its bs, these dumb --- laws need to be changed they are only advocating piracy, people if they could would claim there troves and the historical values of the pieces rocovered would be immense,I would pay to go see them in a museum, but as it stands uncle sam wants it all, and he will get none if any, people will melt down these precious artifacts just for the basic fact that uncle sams gonna screw you out of it, so they would rather take face value of the gold rather than nothing, and i dont blame them, Treasure hunting is hard work takes lots of time and thought energy and money, and im gonna find it for uncle sam free , NOT

One case in point here is the T-rex skeleton that was found in South Dakota. A man named Maurice Williams had "beneficial ownership" of the property on which the fossil was found. He sold the bones to a museum, then the feds came in and claimed the fossil, basically "finding it for Uncle Sam free." I grew up being taught "finder's keeper's", and that's the way I live as long as it isn't on private property. If it's public landl, I figure I'm as public as anyone else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back