What's new

What happend to the clovis culture?

Nice read thanks for sharing it. It reminds me of a paper I read somewhere a year or two ago where someone hypothesized that the impact came in from the northwest and would have impacted somewhere on, or over top of, the ice sheets in the vicinity of the Great Lakes. They theorized that this "impact" ejected large globs of ice/water, all down the eastern seaboard causing the numerous "pingos" or "bay/basin" features that now exist in these areas. They hypothesized that this is why the majority of these features are oval in form, and oriented to point back towards the Great Lakes area. The ejections being largely ice, slush, or water is hypothesized to be why little or no stone or metal impact debris is found near these features. Interesting ideas to think about.
 
Christopher R. Moore, Ph.D. gave a talk on that at the Augusta society for Georgia Archaeology meeting. I had planned on going but I forgot about the meeting until it was to late.
 
Here is a new read on the end of the Clovis culture.
Another comet strike?

https://phys.org/news/2017-03-discovery-widespread-platinum-clovis-people.html

Dr. Goodyear is who is looking out our latest points.
He is a busy man!


I was fortunate to assist one of the contributing authors, Dr. Malcolm LeCompte, during field work for this paper at a Mastodon site in Western Massachusetts. It was an incredibly interesting research process and a great learning experience.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom