What Happened to Tommy G. Thompson

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After stiffing his investors of millions of good-intentioned dollars, I can't believe this scumbag can live with himself.

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
Off of Port Canaveral during war time, :sign13: A German uboat sunk :sign13: a cargo ship carrying war supplies.
Up until 15 years ago locals would dive on this wreck and salvage blobs of treasure.
Thompson sub machine guns would be wrapped in wax paper and then set in a box of petroleum jelly placed in wooden boxes and nailed shut.
Many of these blobs are the petroleum jelly with the machineguns still in mint condition. Some with the barrels protruding of course are all rusted away.
Friends of mine have some of them. The State later banned all diving on this wreck.
About the disappearance of Thompson, perhaps he changed his Name to Gattlin.
And the crooked lawyers in the case probably cannot figure out how they are to access the closed files, because that is not what they are good at. They, the crooked lawyers, are "good" at writting rules, that's about it.
Modifying post to answer questions: I do not have the coordinates for this wreck.
It was stalked out of Port Canaveral and sunk off of New Smyrna during world war 2. There are at least two ships that were stalked and sunk this way, that I heard about.
I used to play Silent Hunter computer game and try to reinact it, as U-boat captain.
Elderly woman told me that before the Space Center was built that she and her friends walked along the seashore, now off limits, and they saw body parts washed up on the shore from these attacks. Not so much tar washes up like it used to in the 60's from these wrecks anymore..

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This from Gary Kinder after I emailed him....

Thank you for your inquiry, Bob. I have not spoken with Tommy for a long while now, but I doubt he has disappeared with the investors’ money. The guy who wrote the article in Forbes had an agenda, and during his interview with me, he made it clear he was not interested in anything I had to say unless it was a negative comment about Tommy. From a contact, I know that Tommy has been developing new technology and fighting lawsuits. Over Christmas he spent a lot of time with family. That is as much as I know. A sequel would be a terrific book, but I doubt I will write it.

Best,
Gary

Gary,

I am curious to get your personal feelings about Thompson now that he has disappeared with the investor's millions.

Isn't it time for a sequel?

Bob Richard
San Diego

I guess there are 2 sides to every story, but disappearing doesn't help.

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
"When you take the front of the line"...
"You have to expect to get some eggs thrown at you"

Organized undersea exploration is a costly business.
Tommy Thompson got so far out in front of everyone else
they got or are getting like dinosaur eggs!

The biggest mistake most folks or, "their people" make is hyper inflating
the proposed monetary value of the product developed from the capital
investment.

Trying to support a hobby or passion is a lot different than taking a
metal detector and walking about in a field, in somebody's woods
or along the beach! Trying to turn it into a business is even more
perplexing!

All the public normally hears about is propaganda
from those who smell an opportunity to poach the cash flow that is needed
so as to support an on-going operation.

Here is another old saying....
"If they are not talking about you.... you probably aren't doing anything!"