What have I got here?

hav2fish

Sep 14, 2006
Found this at a place I hunt here in Central Texas. It is approx. 3 inches long and round. I believe it may been hafted, if I am understanding that term correctly, because of the groove/wear in the center. Would this have been a hammer or club? Don't find many things like this where I hunt. any help is appreciated. Also if any one knows of a good internet reference site I may be missing that would be a big help too. Thank you.

Attachments

• th_BryansPics215.jpg
    th_BryansPics215.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 279
  • th_BryansPics217.jpg
    th_BryansPics217.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0

razor

Apr 29, 2007
It's real hard to tell from your pick, but I believe what you have there is not indian. It looks more like a badly rolled mosasaur vertabra. A mosasaur is an aquatic dinosaur. I don't know about Central Texas, but they are fairly common up here in North Texas. Don't get me wrong, it's a REAL COOL find! Here's a few of mine for comparison. I hope this helps, Ray

DSC00222.jpg

Dec07finds.jpg

OP
OP
H

hav2fish

Sep 14, 2006
I know my pics are too small. I'm pretty much an idiot about that stuff, need to get my 15 year old to show me how to do it. Razor, it's actually flint. One end is complete and the other end is busted up. I know nature can do just about anything given time but I believe this was used for something. Thanks for your input and sorry about the picture. I'll try to resize. Got the kid tomorrow night. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions