wroughtironthingywithscrews.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 524
  • wroughtironthingywithscrews (2).JPG
    wroughtironthingywithscrews (2).JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 524
Hand Drill Maby

OR OLD LUG WRENCH ?

Upvote 0
Looks like a wrench for a water valve shut-off.Today they have the rectangular notch on the wrench.Could be for gas valve also???

Upvote 0
It's not for water. Measurements might help, but I would guess it's handle bars from a tricycle. HH! Chris

Upvote 0
Sorrry for the horrible pic, lighting was bad and its kinda big :-\ Its not something to be held but instead the top part of the T would have been screwed in flush against something. maybe that will help ;)

Upvote 0
Here Ya Go

Attachments

• indexre.jpg
    indexre.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 506
  • index2.jpg
    index2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0
Thanks jeff! That looks much better :o Now you can see the screws on the horizontal bar on top. Also the bar on top has a flat back with screws sticking out.

Upvote 0
The screws on the, "T" part may have held on wooden handles...
Definitely looks like somekind of a tool...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Upvote 0
This is definitely a "Hand Auger". Used like a drill to place holes in wood. Could be from any time period, up to the invention of the saw and brace and bit.

SSG D.C.Butler

Upvote 0
Oh yea! i totally forgot about the possibility of it having a wooden handle :P when were the saw and bit and brace invented?

Upvote 0
Its a little warped...could that be why it was thrown away? or is it ment to ahev a slight bend in it? Also the bottom kind of looks like a nut or something, is there an adjustable thing on the bottom? whatever it is its late 1800's eartly 1900's just like everything else that was in that old dump :)

Upvote 0
I've seen a tool like that and I think it was used to remove the clips off of mechanical brakes on old model A and model T cars. The end thing would have been hollowed out with a notch in one side to slip over the retainer, compress the spring and twist it off. Or not! I use to have an antique tool kit made for A and T model Ford cars and there was a brake tool very similar to that in that kit. Wish I knew what I have done with it over the years! Monty

Upvote 0
That might just be what it is, it sounds just like what i have, and the dump i was digging had alot of car parts in it, including a 1923 valve stem.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back