What's new

What is a REAL CRH Find (In your humble opinion) POLL

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I'm just curious what people consider a REAL CRH find. Don't get me wrong, any good coin found is worthy of bragging rights on this forum. I just thought it would be nice to see what the public opinion is on this.
HH, Awhitster
 
Upvote 0
awhitster said:
I'm just curious what people consider a REAL CRH find. Don't get me wrong, any good coin found is worthy of bragging rights on this forum. I just thought it would be nice to see what the public opinion is on this.
HH, Awhitster

Loosely, it can be considered anything you find that you've paid face value, or less, for.
 
In my opinion, Coin Roll Hunting is just that. Coins found in rolls.
 
willypurdue said:
In my opinion, Coin Roll Hunting is just that. Coins found in rolls.
A purist at heart. CRH, coin ROLL hunting. Enough said.
 
Any coin found in circulation for face value (or free in the case of foreign coins).

Finding money on the ground does not typically count as CRH in my opinion, but I'll leave the door open for some found money when it was obviously just lost. And finding money under the ground definitely does not count. :)


Take a coins found in a casino, for example. Coins are put in a slot machine and paid out to the person cashing out. When those coins are cashed in they may be rolled and distributed in that fashion instead of just being loose and placed back into another machine.

If the person searched what they cashed out from a slot machine and found a coin is that any different than a person who found a coin in a roll that resulted from the casino rerolling the same coins. I can't see how. A similar analogy applies to coins at the bank/store just at a turnover speed.

That being said old change jars that are opened years later IMHO only would count as CRH in the year that the change was acquired and not the year searched because if its years later the coins have technically been "removed from circulation".


Just my 2 cents worth.
 
Noone is allowed to say "$10 half-eagle".......

I think it would have to be bag or roll, otherwise you're bank hunting. CRH stands for "coin roll hunt" so I think it's kinda got the definition in there. As far as coin "type", heck, so long as it's a keeper, it's a find. Iv'e gotten square nails out digging holes that I'm proud of, and those aren't worth near the value of a silver rosie.
 
The term CRH has broadened into a catch-all to include virtually any aspect of acquiring coins at face value or less; rolls, Coinstars, pocket change, tellers' trays, etc.

I think CRH can't be strictly defined as rolls because banks (the agreed main source for most of our searching) are routinely using bags more and more. But it certainly isn't necessary to start calling it CBH.

As far as casinos, I could just as easily bring home $50 in rolled nickels versus a couple of buckets of loose nickels. To me there's no difference.
 
Immy said:
The term CRH has broadened into a catch-all to include virtually any aspect of acquiring coins at face value or less; rolls, Coinstars, pocket change, tellers' trays, etc.

I think CRH can't be strictly defined as rolls because banks (the agreed main source for most of our searching) are routinely using bags more and more. But it certainly isn't necessary to start calling it CBH.

As far as casinos, I could just as easily bring home $50 in rolled nickels versus a couple of buckets of loose nickels. To me there's no difference.

I agree.
Let's not get too technical and muddy the waters.
I say everything except ground finds and MD finds.
You're going to encourage people to start cheating and say they found them in rolls if you go purist on us.
It's JUST A HOBBY!!!!!
Have fun.
 
willypurdue said:
In my opinion, Coin Roll Hunting is just that. Coins found in rolls.

So when you go to a bank and they say all we have is this one bag ($500) in the vault but it is old (date stamp 12-10-63). Do you say thanks but no thanks. I only want rolled coins?
 
Personally, I think it is any coin found at face value whether it comes from rolls, bags, casino slots, teller trays...even coins that tellers buy and hold for you that you buy from them for face value.
 
snappy said:
willypurdue said:
In my opinion, Coin Roll Hunting is just that. Coins found in rolls.

So when you go to a bank and they say all we have is this one bag ($500) in the vault but it is old (date stamp 12-10-63). Do you say thanks but no thanks. I only want rolled coins?

I never said anything about how I obtain coins, I simply gave my definition of coin roll hunting as I see it. I also never said anything about only limiting myself to just asking for rolls.
 
It looks like the majority has gone with the "Coins found any way or anywhere you get them (Rolls, bags, loose at banks, in change or tills".
 
We would need a Coin Till Hunting forum and that would be one too many lol

Mine comes from rolls to the tills, except in the case where customers purchase goods from me.


:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom