What is it about Men and Deer?

T

trish76642

Yesterday, after a long hard day of work, Hubby decides to take me out to eat. We're driving home after a great meal, and he decides to take the back roads home. So i'm sitting on the passenger side, relaxing, listening to one of my favorite old songs, You Sexy Thang, By Hot Chocolate, :headbang:. Next thing i know, BAM! He slams on the breaks, almost giving my wip lash, not to mention a heart attack!. Scared the $%^& outta me! I said "WHATS WRONG?!" he said, "YOU SEE THAT DEER?!" :violent1:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Maybe he said, "You see that, Dear?!?"
Could have been talking about a UFO?!?
One of my newfound pals at a nearby wooded area I hunt.

Attachments

• Library Springs Resident.jpg
    Library Springs Resident.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 266
S

seger98

Must have been a biggin' cuz we just don't do that for just any deer! :o

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys just can't win. Had you gotten home and he mentioned the deer he would have heard, "Why didn't you show me the deer?......................why don't we talk anymore?...................I bet if your friend Freddie was riding with you, you would have shown HIM the deer.......................... :director:...............:director:...................:director:

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trish, sometimes they come up through the windsheald and end up in your lap! They are heavy! Glad your O.K.!

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Guys just can't win. Had you gotten home and he mentioned the deer he would have heard, "Why didn't show me the deer?......................why don't we talk anymore?...................I bet if your friend Freddie was riding with you, you would have shown HIM the deer.......................... :director:...............:director:...................:director:

Sweetie, you crack me up.. :D :D :D

Molly. :)

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was younger I loved to hunt. Deer hunting was my favorite. I could hardly sleep the night before season opened.

But eventually sometime in my 20's I lost interest and don't really know why.

My son does deer hunting videos for a major outdoorwear company and probably your hubby watches his productions. He's always pumped-up about killing deer-elk-moose--you name it. Now he's making plans to do Africa. Some new big deal they have planned for future shows I guess.

This morning he called (I wasn't home) and told his mother to be sure I got a wild turkey permit for Michigan's coming season. He's always after me to get back into hunting. But I'm just not into it anymore.

So, why are some men so much into the deer thing? I think it has to do with many factors.

1) childhood experiences
2) genetics - inherited primitive provider instinct
3) love of the outdoors
4) love of wild game meat
5) and maybe some psychological reasons

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
just-geese said:
So, why are some men so much into the deer thing? I think it has to do with many factors.

1) childhood experiences
Beer
2) genetics - inherited primitive provider instinct
Beer
3) love of the outdoors
Beer
4) love of wild game meat
Beer
5) and maybe some psychological reasons
Afraid of running out of Beer
Hope this helped you out Badger ;D

What can I say--you win. :thumbsup:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
~ Nick P. ~ said:
Hot Chocolate - You sexy thing 1975

Great video, Nick!! :wink: I really enjoyed it.
Now I gotta get a pair of those black & white striped pants to go with my white sport coat!

I don't know what the answer is Trish, but I have a question, too. Why is it that when I'm driving and paying attention to the road, Mrs. KD, with all the time to look wherever the heck she wants, will say to me "Did you see that?" Now by the time I ask what it is I'm supposed to be seeing, the spectacular phenomenon is long gone behind us!

Nice deer, Tim! Here's my hunting buddy:
Dudoe.jpg

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey Neil, was that at Deer Grove?
i was back there one day and while rooting out a find a very large (for these parts) and bearded buck wandered over to me. Did not know about it until I wento stand and noticed the creeping shadow from behind. Man he had a huge rack and I thought I was gonna have to whack him as he just kinda stood there wondering where I had come from all of sudden.

They aren't too bright in these parts, eh?

Oh yeah, buddy of mine that goes shedding just got a nice down tine set off of 58.

OP
OP
T

trish76642

All i can say is, the next time i'm drive'n, he better hope i dont see a yard sale! :thumbsup: :angel7:

OP
OP
T

trish76642

texastee2007 said:
Trish....after the Miss Hawaii video, maybe it is their fluffy tails and big brown eyes???

lmao...guarantee you thats what it is! Fluffy tail and big brown eyes! :thumbsup:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chief say hmm a$$ to high run to fast :-X old joke

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
And I say he/she tastes good, low fat and good for the diet good meat. I'll take each one legally that I can get. Better than beef by far.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
I had the exact opposite experience. My girlfriend slams on the brakes and says "Look, a yard sale" What is it about Women and Yard Sales?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread