what is it?? found in a CW camp in TN..thx for the help

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
111010095515.jpg

Been hunting a CS camp location..normal camp lead and odd pieces of brass. Most of the stuff im getting are in heavy iron locations. I think this may be the reason these items are left. TTF on the etrac is pointing out the good among the bad.

Hope that someone has dug something like this or could point me in the right direction.

In the center up near the top is a brass pin that goes through. From bottom going up looks to be 5 shevrons. Can't find anything on it. Its flat on the back.

Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
55th Massachusetts said:
Looks like the brass end piece to a pocket knife.
REB

Yes, I agree, a pocket knife end. Keep on looking amongst that Iron though, some of my better finds have come from around lots of iron. I listen for the small good bleeps when swinging from one direction..

OP
OP
3RINGER

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Part to a knife...would make sense due to the small lip at the bottom. The bone or wood handle would lay over it. Thanks. Ill start looking at pocket knives and see if I can match something up.

HH

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think they are right Tom. Since it is solid, my guess of a cane tip is not valid. Good luck at you know where Bud. There maybe be an 1851 SWB plate there but Eagle "C" buttons at the new site for sure. Get 'em, Quindy.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I agree. It is part of a pocket knife. Keep digging in that iron, I believe something good will come out of there.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread